BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowellhardin39

Premium Subscriber
I am new to forum and attempting to program my new BCD996P2 using FreeScan. My trouble is the driver for the USB cable. I have read multiple forum post and attempted to download driver from the Uniden Wiki site. When I unzip the folder, it contains two files. One is a security file and the other is a note file. I am unable to locate the driver itself. I have searched multiple sites and can not locate. Can someone offer guidance? Thanks.

LS101

With scanner plunged in go to device manager and find your scanner then click update driver, browse and look for folder that you just download click that and then update driver and all should be good.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
What OS is your computer running? Typically, your computer should load the appropriate driver for the cable you connect. Make sure the scanner is powered up when connecting the cable. Then, it's only a matter of finding the specific COM port in Device Manager, and entering that number in FreeScan.

lowellhardin39

Premium Subscriber
Originally on work computer with Windows 7. Found the computer was locked down and wouldn't permit. Change to personal with Windows 8.1. Didn't load appropriate driver, but I was able to locate and resolve. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.