BCDx36HP Firmware 1.19.00 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubbe

System select have stopped working in this version. Press SYSTEM once to hold on to a system. Wait a second to let it "stick", press SYSTEM again and turn the selector to go to another system. The display indicate that you then are on another system but conversations from the first system are still heard. Either the DEPT or CHANNEL get stuck on the old system.

/Ubbe

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It works fine for me, just did a system hold on Franklin County P25 system, then manually scrolled to Mid-Atlantic Digital DMR and am seeing the DMR system sites scanned, and departments and talkgroups for Mid-Atlantic vice Franklin County. CON showing instead of LNK or DAT. And I'm not hearing any Franklin County traffic.

When I manually scroll through systems I hear appropriate traffic, e.g. aircraft on TRACON, Franklin County on their system, PEMA traffic on the PEMA system, etc.

Can you give more specifics? I am completely unable to replicate your results.

Ubbe

I where listening to some DMR amateurs and decided to leave that conversation and turn the selector knob to continue scan. The conversation was still heard as if the scan had gone a complete cycle but the display showed a name for a totally different system. I have the TG delay set to 10 sec. I then returned to the DMR amateur system and pushed SYSTEM, waited, pushed SYSTEM again and turned the selector knob two systems away and still heard that ongoing amateur conversation.

You probably have to change system during the TG delay time and that the conversation doesn't have a too long pause so it doesn't time out. I have always used the selector knob to leave a conversation and to continue scan, but now it holds on to that TG as long as the TGs delay doesn't time out.

/Ubbe

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I still can't replicate anything you describe. Turning the scroll knob cuts off transmissions in progress, switching systems changes traffic appropriately, etc.

Are you sure the systems aren't linked and are carrying the same traffic?

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
This is why I don't like amateur DMR systems... everyone seems to be linked and the same ragchew or lame "net" is found on 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 area repeaters. Insanity.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
System select have stopped working in this version. Press SYSTEM once to hold on to a system. Wait a second to let it "stick", press SYSTEM again and turn the selector to go to another system. The display indicate that you then are on another system but conversations from the first system are still heard. Either the DEPT or CHANNEL get stuck on the old system.

/Ubbe

System select seems to work as it should on my 536. Department select also functions properly. Actually, before reading this post, I didn't know that pressing the hold buttons a second time allowed scrolling between systems or departments, haha.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
This is why I don't like amateur DMR systems... everyone seems to be linked and the same ragchew or lame "net" is found on 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 area repeaters. Insanity.

Umm that goes on with analog repeaters, too, not just DMR. Linked systems are linked systems and operate accordingly. In many cases they are helpful to operate in linked mode. My favorite are those which can be easily linked or used local-only by using a different tone, though - then it's best of both worlds.

Ubbe

One other thing that have changed are the problem with conversations on both timeslots. If I avoid a TG on one slot it is still heard when displaying the other slots TG when there is a pause in that TGs conversation. The earlier firmware had a fix for that and after a second it discovered it was monitoring an avoided TG and muted the audio from that TG. That function is gone now.

/Ubbe

Ubbe

One additional note of the "sticky" DMR TG. The problem occure on all One Frequency DMR systems and when trying to select another One Frequency DMR system but when my manual selection comes to a NXDN system the TG monitoring finally gets released.

/Ubbe

W5RGP

anyone else seeing any odd ASCII characters with the alias stuff now with .19?

im monitoring a not so busy nxdn96 system here in Springfield Mo and it was fine with .18
but after .19 im getting some weird characters now

trying to get a picture but its quick
this is on my 536 since my 436 is enroute to uniden for the clock issue

frazpo

anyone else seeing any odd ASCII characters with the alias stuff now with .19?

im monitoring a not so busy nxdn96 system here in Springfield Mo and it was fine with .18
but after .19 im getting some weird characters now

trying to get a picture but its quick
this is on my 536 since my 436 is enroute to uniden for the clock issue

I saw a few prior to 19 on 18. I monitor Jasper Co. Mo. NXDN. Figured just a bad decode or something.

W5RGP

I saw a few prior to 19 on 18. I monitor Jasper Co. Mo. NXDN.

a394596cf13e44024d26bdced4ac724d.jpg

Also the system I’m monitoring is MSU springfield
Showing in rr as an ltr system

I’ve submitted the changes to rr with 3 confirmed Lcn’s and 2 tgid’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

Not unusual...it's up to the system administrator how the aliases are displayed. I have a couple of Dispatches that have a "speaker emitting a sound" logo next to them. Pretty creative if I must say.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber

They also have a talkgroup on MOSWIN. Just a heads up from a scanner guy down the interstate.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Thanks, UPMan!

Thanks to Paul and his crew for addressing the issue of RIDs from locked out TGs appearing as silent TGs during ID Search mode. This was a rather quick response to a problem and I appreciate it!

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Laggy/Unresponsive Key Pad

I had a couple days over the weekend to make observations on this issue I previously reported. I mainly use my 536 for Miscellaneous monitoring which includes Analog, P25 Trunk, P25 One Channel, CAP+, Single Channel DMR. These are my primary systems. Prior to the Firmware update, I deleted all recordings and 0% Memory is/was being used. Scanner is set to Record primarily, but did turn it off to see if any change was made...which I didn't. Tried a 2nd SD card...primarily use a 32gb High Endurance, but also tried an 8gb High Endurance...no difference to report.

I was able to narrow down the laggy/unresponsive key pad to NXDN transmissions in progress. If I want to save an Alias ID, I can't press the E key lightly once like I do on all other systems. I also notice that if a NXDN transmission is in progress, if I want to unlock another Favorite List, the key pad either didn't respond or had to push it numerous times.

While this was partially resolved with this firmware upgrade (less effort than before on E key), the key pad, Avoid, System were unresponsive. Pressing the Channel button (To Hold an active NXDN talk group) was not consistent. On all other systems, key pad responded normally.

The system is a NXDN 4800 Trunking. Prior to the Alias feature being added, these issues were not present. I'm aware the CPU load was reduced for version 1.18 to 1.19, but still problematic.

Just to add...this is still a great feature and hoping one more firmware upgrade will do the trick. When that SDS 100 comes out, it will be ready for prime time!

Status
Not open for further replies.