BCT15X Programming Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colton25

Does anyone have their scanner programmed similar to a radios programming layout? I have had my BCT15X for a few years now along with two Kenwood Tk-x180 mobile radios and to be honest every time i attempt to program this scanner the way i want i end up giving up. So here i am today looking for help getting over this mountain of a task in my eyes. My area consists of only conventional so maybe this scanner is just too fancy for my needs. After programming and using my Kenwood's i have found it to be a very easy layout for me, and i want to program my scanner the same. In the Kenwood software you have zones and channels, and with Uniden you have systems, groups, and channels. I understand that when you create a system you choose the system type (strictly conventional for me) then you have groups within the system that then have channels within the group and this is to help better organize your scanner. I've tried everything i know in attempt to organize my scanner like my radios with no success. I'm looking to have zones and channels, in my radio i have a zone for each county around me and within that zone are the channels within that county. This is easy for me to understand and remember, and i know my scanner is capable of this, i think the main reason i'm confused is there's no such thing as a zone in FreeSCAN. If anyone can point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it. Below i have attached a screenshot of what my scanner layout looks like right now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 6.51.12 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 6.51.12 PM.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 745

parnass

AJ9S
I am not familiar with Freescan, but I have 3 BCT15Xs and a BCD996P2.

In your situation (and mine), ignore the concept of Groups and just use one single group per System. Program all the channels for that system (zone) in that group. It sounds like that mimics the way your Kenwood is programmed.

A Kenwood zone is akin to a BCT15X system is akin to a bank in older scanners.

Colton25

The way I have it in the attachment, I have one system for each county, but then I have the group that I need to do something with... If a group mimics a zone, then I would have one system and 7 zones. I tried this but it still seems way too confusing.

I am not familiar with Freescan, but I have 3 BCT15Xs and a BCD996P2.

In your situation (and mine), ignore the concept of Groups and just use one single group per System. Program all the channels for that system (zone) in that group. It sounds like that mimics the way your Kenwood is programmed.

A Kenwood zone is akin to a BCT15X system is akin to a bank in older scanners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parnass

AJ9S
The way I have it in the attachment, I have one system for each county, but then I have the group that I need to do something with... If a group mimics a zone, then I would have one system and 7 zones. I tried this but it still seems way too confusing.

What I mean is set the scanner up so that a System (not a group) mimics a Zone.

If your Kenwood has 7 zones, program 7 systems into your scanner.

When programming an individual system, put all the channels for that system into one group, e.g., group 1.

Colton25

That's how i have it now but essentially that is like having a group within a group. It sill doesn't make it very organized when your looking at the scanner.

What I mean is set the scanner up so that a System (not a group) mimics a Zone.

If your Kenwood has 7 zones, program 7 systems into your scanner.

When programming an individual system, put all the channels for that system into one group, e.g., group 1.

trunker

That's how i have it now but essentially that is like having a group within a group. It sill doesn't make it very organized when your looking at the scanner.
Give the system and the group the same name. They alternate in the display in receive mode-but not if both are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.