Bloomfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansky

Is there a unit I can get to get all? Without spending a lot? I don't need a lot of features.

If you can live with just hearing Bloomfield and West Orange then a cheap analog trunking scanner will be suitable. If you need to hear Montclair they are digital, and digital scanners are significantly more expensive. Plus Montclair is moving to NJICS which is Phase 2 digital, and those scanners are the most expensive of all.

AC2OY

Donna it depends on your budget. There are like 4 or 5 scanners that do the new NJICS system that one day probably all of Essex county will go to. GRE PSR 800, Uniden 436,536,Home Patrol 2 and Whistlers two new ones 1040 and 1095. You can get any of these and sell your older unit on Craigslist or Fleabay. I'm not sure why your unit is staticy on Bloomfield but I'm sure somebody on here will figure it out.

Last edited:

AC2OY

To anybody out there that has any knowledge to why Bloomfield Police Department main dispatch channel sounds horrible would be greatly appreciated. It's hissing and staticky and pretty frustrating to monitor. Not long ago it didn't sound like it does now.

ansky

To anybody out there that has any knowledge to why Bloomfield Police Department main dispatch channel sounds horrible would be greatly appreciated. It's hissing and staticky and pretty frustrating to monitor. Not long ago it didn't sound like it does now.

I'm listening to Bloomfield PD (477.2625) right now and they sound perfectly fine on my HomePatrol 2. I don't hear any static at all.

AC2OY

Ok Ansky even when they first key up? Maybe both of us need a outside antenna? I haven't put up my discone yet. I could try my magmount triband that works really great with my 800.

ansky

Ok Ansky even when they first key up? Maybe both of us need a outside antenna? I haven't put up my discone yet. I could try my magmount triband that works really great with my 800.

They sound fine to me. And no I don't hear any static when they first key up. Maybe there is interference at the location where you are listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.