Buffalo Police Only (Erie Co. ).....Audio Feed

sabbatejr

Hello,
I sent Broadcastify a message and they responded, and now I need someone who may be able to provide Buffalo NY Police audio feed.
Would love if someone can help with this !!

Their Answer:
The only way they can be separate is if someone in the area volunteers to provide an audio feed for our site and they have their scanner monitor only Buffalo Police.

My Question :
"Was wondering if you can separate Buffalo Police from the combined Buffalo Police,Fire,EMS in the Erie County New York Area?
It is so aggravating when listening to something interesting from Buffalo Police, then the Fire Dept./Ems overides with someone stubbing their toe and can't hear responses for BPD.
Please look into this and see if something can be done so Buffalo Police have their own broadcast.
Thank you so much !
Sam"

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
One of the best parts of the hobby is learning. Equipment can be found cheap, and there are a ton of threads, posts and videos to guide you. If not, you're stuck with whatever the feed provider provides.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I would like to host the Buffalo PD feeds, and the West Seneca PD feed. Just not ready to do it yet as I want to use SDR dongles and not commit my high dollar scanners to do it. I have to get the dongles and set up the computers to do so and all that goes along with the rest of the setup for broadcastify.

FYI: Buffalo PD will need 4 dongles for the frequencies that cover the 3 districts plus the car to car frequency. If you put all the transmissions on one feed they will be talking over each other at times.

BFD will need at least 2 dongles ( dispatch and BFD ch 2) IMO.

West Seneca PD can get away with one dongle.

Last edited:

tdave365

Premium Subscriber
I sympathize with the original OP but this is how complicated scanning has become. Online streaming from a few knowledgeable people to many has become "police scanning."

Scanner Person: "Hey, do you listen to the police scanner?"
2023 Person: "Nah, I haven't downloaded that app yet."

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I would like to host the Buffalo PD feeds, and the West Seneca PD feed. Just not ready to do it yet as I want to use SDR dongles and not commit my high dollar scanners to do it. I have to get the dongles and set up the computers to do so and all that goes along with the rest of the setup for broadcastify.

FYI: Buffalo PD will need 4 dongles for the frequencies that cover the 3 districts plus the car to car frequency. If you put all the transmissions on one feed they will be talking over each other at times.

You could likely do all of those with 2 or 3 dongles. The number of dongles is relevant only to the frequency spread, not the number of feeds.

Also if you stream to Calls, then the listener can decide what they want to listen to.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
You could likely do all of those with 2 or 3 dongles. The number of dongles is relevant only to the frequency spread, not the number of feeds.

Also if you stream to Calls, then the listener can decide what they want to listen to.
My issue with scanner apps is not many are dedicated to ONE entity, putting multiple entities in one feed can and will cause one to miss transmissions as they both can't be broadcasted at same time on the same feed. Just my opinion!

With that said, I just bought a 2nd dongle, I'm trying get West Seneca PD to trunk track. I get most of the calls following the Lancaster site, but not all. So the new learning curve is setting up the 2 dongles to work on the saianet DMR con+ network, following a single talkgroup using only 2 sites. I have it working really well with one site. Once I get this figured out, I will then need to work on learning the software for broadcasting and get approved to be a broadcaster.

belvdr

My issue with scanner apps is not many are dedicated to ONE entity, putting multiple entities in one feed can and will cause one to miss transmissions as they both can't be broadcasted at same time on the same feed. Just my opinion!
Agreed but in my opinion, that’s an app issue not a feed issue.

belvdr

You think broadcastify is combining feeds and not the providers??
I have no idea what Broadcastify does. However for a trunked system, an app may pull from one provider and you get the same result.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I have no idea what Broadcastify does. However for a trunked system, an app may pull from one provider and you get the same result.
I am under the thinking that Broadcastify is the source for most apps. Because the apps I have looked at have the same feeds as broadcastify and I also believe they are the originator of the genre.

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
I am under the thinking that Broadcastify is the source for most apps. Because the apps I have looked at have the same feeds as broadcastify and I also believe they are the originator of the genre.
If I follow what you are saying, then to clear things up, Private People basically Pay Broadcastify to transmit their scanner over the internet. People get confused and think that Broadcastify has some control over the feeds submitted to them. or can change what or how feeds they hear. They can't.. The scanners are all privately owned scanners. All apps use Broadcastify.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If I follow what you are saying, then to clear things up, Private People basically Pay Broadcastify to transmit their scanner over the internet.
Huh? No one "pays" Broadcastify to host a feed. That goes for both the traditional audio feeds as well as the Calls nodes. You apply to host a feed/node, you're approved, you start sending audio. That simple.

What happens with 3rd party apps is independent of Broadcastify, with the exception of Scanner Radio, which is Gordon Edwards app who is a Broadcastify admin and was the creator of ScanAmerica, which RadioReference bought out years ago and is now Broadcastify.

Traditional audio feeds are not "combined" from multiple sources by Broadcastify; the host of the feed decides what to broadcast.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Huh? No one "pays" Broadcastify to host a feed. That goes for both the traditional audio feeds as well as the Calls nodes. You apply to host a feed/node, you're approved, you start sending audio. That simple.

What happens with 3rd party apps is independent of Broadcastify, with the exception of Scanner Radio, which is Gordon Edwards app who is a Broadcastify admin and was the creator of ScanAmerica, which RadioReference bought out years ago and is now Broadcastify.

Traditional audio feeds are not "combined" from multiple sources by Broadcastify; the host of the feed decides what to broadcast.
This is a lot of what I thought, other than the history lesson on broadcastify.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber

My West Seneca PD feed is up. Using SDRtrunk and 2 RTL-SDR V4 dongles. Was a lot simpler to get online than I was expecting using this method and certainly a lot cheaper than buying a scanner.

I still would like to do individual Buffalo PD districts feeds and a Lackawanna PD feed...But I need some donations of dongles and rubber duck antennas (at least 5 more dongles/antennas) or cash to buy the dongles and antenna/connector hardware. I have plenty of computers to make it happen.