Calls Not Reporting In

pkrawetz

Premium Subscriber
I was pretty excited to find this new option but shortly after I started monitoring a bunch of sites in Georgia, they are no longer reporting in. How does that happen? I thought this was going to be an answer to my scanner wows in GA but I guess not.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Similar to regular feeds, calls nodes are provided by volunteers. Many reasons why it could be no longer available. I'm not seeing any nodes in the list sending to SEGARRN, so it could be offline for technical reasons or the provider stopped sending calls for whatever reason.

pkrawetz

Premium Subscriber
Similar to regular feeds, calls nodes are provided by volunteers. Many reasons why it could be no longer available. I'm not seeing any nodes in the list sending to SEGARRN, so it could be offline for technical reasons or the provider stopped sending calls for whatever reason.
So how is this different from the regular Broadcastify live feeds? All of the counties I selected DO NOT have live feed links that are being broadcasted on Broadcastify Calls.

This is what is available in Broadcastify Calls:
1709827747811.png

I guess I don't understand how something can be in Broadcastify Calls and not in the live feeds list.
This is what is available as a live feed:
1709827654017.png1709827747811.png1709827654017.png

Attachments

• 1709827569770.png
    1709827569770.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 1

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Broadcastify Calls (Broadcastify Calls) and live audio feeds (Broadcastify - Listen Live to Police, Fire, EMS, Aviation, and Rail Audio Feeds) are two separate systems and are not connected in any way.

Navigating to the county you pictured on the calls platform, last activity on most talkgroups is from 2 days ago, so for whatever reason whoever was providing it is no longer. Like mentioned before, it could be a technical issue on the provider's end, or they chose to just stop sending.

pkrawetz

Premium Subscriber
Broadcastify Calls (Broadcastify Calls) and live audio feeds (Broadcastify - Listen Live to Police, Fire, EMS, Aviation, and Rail Audio Feeds) are two separate systems and are not connected in any way.

Navigating to the county you pictured on the calls platform, last activity on most talkgroups is from 2 days ago, so for whatever reason whoever was providing it is no longer. Like mentioned before, it could be a technical issue on the provider's end, or they chose to just stop sending.
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't realize and couldn't find any documentation the two sources were independent. Would be nice if the provided a method to contact the feed owner to report a problem.

If Calls remains a viable solution, it is pretty cool as a dynamic scanner option.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
One last question. I'm on the node list page and I don't see 1986. Where did you find that listing?
Only active nodes are listed on the nodes page, which is why you don't see it. But to find out which node a talkgroup was captured on, select the magnifying glass and it will show you more details, including the ID of the node that captured it. Video: Watch 2024-03-07 17-54-08 | Streamable

pkrawetz

Premium Subscriber
Only active nodes are listed on the nodes page, which is why you don't see it. But to find out which node a talkgroup was captured on, select the magnifying glass and it will show you more details, including the ID of the node that captured it. Video: Watch 2024-03-07 17-54-08 | Streamable
Well if a node goes down for a long period of time, it won't be active so you can't find the ID. I think they should have a master list of all the Calls feeds in case this happens.