• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

R30 Changing PL code issue

Trying to enter civil air patrol in memory bank. After entering frequency, I change the tone and it already assigned a PL code, but I need a different code according to the RR database. It won’t let me change it. Am doing this manually. I am pressing the quick button. I can change everything else but the PL code. Suggestions?

Hit_Factor

Premium Subscriber
Somehow you are missing the correct key sequence. Keep trying things and reread the manual. Forget what you know about uniden scanners, it doesn't apply here.

When the pl freq is displayed on screen (during quick edit) use the up and down rocker buttons to change pl freq. Must have one of the tone options enabled first, I think you do, just saying it out loud.

If a setting gives me fits I save the memory channels to a csv on the so card, edit the csv on my computer, and import it back into the receiver.

73, K8HIT
Icom: IC-7300 IC-PW1 ID-5100A ID-51A Plus 2 IC-R30 Hytera PD782G Kenwood TH-D74 Uniden SDS100 DVMega SDRplay RSPduo

Last edited:
Have read over both manuals. Am doing the correct procedure. Even deleted and re entered and it still gets pre assigned that PL code. Looking at getting the software soon so I don’t have to manually input.

Hit_Factor

Premium Subscriber
I think I misunderstood, the preassigned value is probably working as intended, scroll up to the required freq then save(overwrite).

Have you tried export csv? You'll learn a lot about how the radio formats the parameters for each freq .

73, K8HIT
Icom: IC-7300 IC-PW1 ID-5100A ID-51A Plus 2 IC-R30 Hytera PD782G Kenwood TH-D74 Uniden SDS100 DVMega SDRplay RSPduo

Figured it out. Have to use the pad to change the numbers. Didn’t see this in either manual. I just happen to bump the pad and saw it change.

Hit_Factor

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I called them the up and down rocker buttons in my first post.

73, K8HIT