Chisago County

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclebubba

I’m sharing to see if there are any north metro listeners of Chisago County that want to help fill in some missing spots on my worksheet.

At a radio board meeting in 2014 Chisago County asked for 56 additional talkgroups so the county would have a total of 150. I’ve found nothing else to indicate otherwise. So, if they go from 5400 to 5549 that would be 150. Someone has talkgroup 5550 as Chisago County FDIC 5 in the database though and that would make 151 talkgroups. I haven’t been able to confirm that yet.

Two things that I know from recent listening. First, there are only three LE OPS channels. The other day all three were in use when another incident came up and the dispatcher said, “I don’t have an Ops channel to put you on.” Second, it sounds like the sheriff’s department doesn’t have an encrypted channel, at least for everyday use. With a recent incident a deputy asked for a secured channel and dispatch said we’ll have to use an ME TAC and they went to ME TAC 11E for encryption. Since Chisago County has a SWAT team, they must have one or two encrypted channels for SWAT, but I’m sure they aren’t available in every radio.

Then with recent listening I know they have three talkgroups that I haven’t identified the numbers for yet. I’ve heard dispatchers refer to CS INFO 2, CS EMS 1, and CS EMS 2. So if they have an INFO 2 then they must also have a CS INFO 1. But I have not heard any traffic on these talkgroups. INFO channels might be encrypted. Looking at my list, it would make sense that the CS INFO channels would fit in with other LE talkgroups in the two available spots, talkgroups 5408 and 5409. Can anyone confirm that? Now the EMS talkgroups are apparently available for officers to talk to Lakes Region EMS crews. Again, I don’t think I’ve heard anything on these unless they are talkgroups 5410 and 5411. Those two have me confused!!! I’ve often heard the same traffic on 5410/5411 as I hear on the LE Ops channels. Maybe they are patched? OR, maybe those are the EMS channels and they could get patched to the LE Ops channels. Not sure if anyone else knows about those.

Sharing part of my worksheet to see if anyone can help fill in with confirmed info.

3432d68CHISAGO 911
D​
CHISAGO COUNTY SHRF 911
54001518CS LAW 1 D
D​
CHISAGO SHRF DISPATCH 1
54011519CS LAW 2 D
D​
CHISAGO SHRF DISPATCH 2
5402151aCS SO C2C
D​
CHISAGO SHRF CAR2CAR
5403151bCS LE OP 1
D​
CHISAGO SHRF LE OPS 1
5404151cCS LE Ops 2
D​
CHISAGO SHRF LE OPS 2
5405151dCS LE Ops 3
D​
CHISAGO SHRF LE OPS 3
5406151eCS LE ROAM
D​
CHISAGO SHRF LE ROAM
5407?CS ?
D​
CHISAGO SHRF EMERGENCY BUTTON
54101522CS Sheriff
D​
CHISAGO SHRF 5410 (LE Ops patch? Also heard refered to as Ops 3 several times while they also transmit on Ops3 but we know they only have 3 Ops channels from dispatcher)
CHISAGO SHRF 5411
54131525CS FIRE AL
D​
CHISAGO CO FIRE ALL
54151527LAKES PD
D​
LAKES AREA POLICE
54161528CS LE TAC
DE
LAKES AREA PD (listed in DB as CHISAGO SHRF LAW (Encrypt) but a county talkgroup doesn't make sense in this spot)
5418152aN BRANCH PD
D​
NORTH BRANCH POLICE
5419152bCS LE TAC
DE
NORTH BRANCH POLICE (Encrypt)
WYOMING POLICE (not confirmed but makes sense here)
5422152eCS LAW
DE
WYOMING POLICE (Encrypt)

Then I also have a list of "Possible Talkgroups." A list of who in the county would need/use a talkgroup. These are educated guess that I use to look out for when trying to learn new talkgroups.

Countywide Common (all call)
Police Common or Multigroup
Sheriff North Admin and South Admin or Info (they had North and South Admin channels on old VHF analog)
Emergency Management
SWAT
Drug Task Force (I think I read that they may use Isanti County radios for this because Chisago didn't have a channel for task force)
Investigations
Events 3-5?
Fire Roaming (they have LE Roam so FD Roam makes sense)
Water Patrol ? (not likely-probably use an LE Ops or Events)
Jail or additional Courts channels
Jail Ops (CCSD uses LE ROAM for transports)
Jail Maint
County Roam (they have LE Roam, so FD Roam, and County Roam make sense)
Training Ops (if they have 1, they have more)
Public Health
Building Insp (had VHF freq prior to ARMER)
North Branch City Common (PD/FD/PW)
Wyoming City Common (PD/FD/PW)
Rush City Common (FD/PW)
Harris Common (FD/PW)
Stacy Common (FD/PW)
Chisago City Common (PD/FD/PW)
Lindstrom Common (PD/FD/PW)
Center City Common (FD/PW)
Taylors Falls Common (FD/PW)
Shafer Common (FD/PW)
County Parks
County Facilities or Maintenance
County Highway
Co Highway North (Harris)
Co Highway South (Center City)
Amador Township or Almelund PW
Rush City PW
Rusheba Township PW
Nessel Township PW
Harris PW
Fish Lake Township PW
North Branch PW
Sunrise Township PW
Chisago Township PW
Lent Township PW
Stacy PW
Wyoming PW
Chisago City PW
Lindstrom PW
Center City PW
Shafer (city) PW
Shafer Township PW
Franconia Township PW
Taylors Falls PW

jason_58201

Premium Subscriber
off topic, but Chisago county relevant, Yesterday while driving past the Line 3 protest camp on Highway 32 south of Thief River Falls, I seen a Chisago county Sheriff's car there assisting Pennington County deputies.

Status
Not open for further replies.