Digital systems Renfrew County

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone identify any of the following systems?

They all seem to have a DMR control channel sound

159.090 - Digital - Foymount - C & W or Communication Sergau - Class of Emission 7K60FXEXT - 7.6 khz
160.080 - Digital - Foymount - C & W or Communication Sergau - Class of Emission 7K60FXEXT - 7.6 khz
166.290 - Digital - Foymount - C & W or Turris Communications - Class of Emission 11K0F3DJN - 11.0 khz
167.835 - Digital DMR - Renfrew - Turris Communications - Class of Emission 7K60FXEXT - 7.6 khz
422.350 - Digital
423.9875 - Digital - Foymount C & W
460.075 - Digital - Burnstown C & W
460.625 - Digital - Burnstown C & W

I'd imagine they're all now considered Turris Communications Turris Communications as that's whose taken over C & W

http://www.turriscorp.com/map.htm

I have a SDR setup I've just never been able to figure out how to set it up to monitor these.

Is this there PushPlus Digital Connect Plus Network
http://www.cwcom.com/products-main/pushplus-digital-connect-plus-network/

Last edited:

DaveH

If you run DSD+ even using a tapped scanner, all the system/site data will show up in short order.

Dave

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
If you run DSD+ even using a tapped scanner, all the system/site data will show up in short order.

Dave
I have an SDR but I'm clueless when it comes to setting this up. I have no problems listening to regular vhf/uhf and hf stuff though.

But it's the more complex stuff I have hard time understanding to setup for these types of systems.

DaveH

Installing DSD+ was not difficult. More recent versions seem to need some drivers installed though.

Connect tapped scanner output to PC mic input. I used a volume-control patch cord. DSD+ pops up with a scope window. Adjust levels so the input looks clean but not clipping. Software by default should auto-detect and start decoding. Pretty straightforward, and it's the best $0.00 I've ever spent...

Dave

slicerwizard

Installing DSD+ was not difficult. More recent versions seem to need some drivers installed though.
No drivers required at all for DSD+. Only required DLL is the LAME encoder, which is available at the DSD+ site.

Other DLLs are needed for the SDR programs (FMP and variants); they are also found on the website.

DaveH

422.3500 comes in weak, sounds like NXDN 4.8k; probably part of Network 202.

Sometimes I can hear a weak CC but have trouble decoding. Tapped scanner IF bandwidth is too wide, not optimal for narrow signals so probably letting more noise through than it should.

Headphone volume patch cord is a bit kludgy .Something designed for 32 ohm headphones will load the discriminator down, and I find radio speaker audio can be way down, but it works in a pinch.

Dave

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
There is also some noise on 166.290 and 171.255 (near Pembroke) these 2 frequencies used to be part of the Foymount LTR system.

I don't listen to the system very much but it was still active not that long ago still. I think there might only be 1 or 2 frequencies active with it.

422.3500 comes in weak, sounds like NXDN 4.8k; probably part of Network 202.

Sometimes I can hear a weak CC but have trouble decoding. Tapped scanner IF bandwidth is too wide, not optimal for narrow signals so probably letting more noise through than it should.

Headphone volume patch cord is a bit kludgy .Something designed for 32 ohm headphones will load the discriminator down, and I find radio speaker audio can be way down, but it works in a pinch.

Dave

DaveH

Another one I was able to find over the weekend was 153.425 - Barrys Bay - had a control channel noise on it as well. It's licensed as CHRISTIE AND WALTHER ELECTRONICS LIMITED

The other repeater listed for that licence is 152.345. The CC will probably show up on that one eventually. I tried listening on it but only heard some LTR blips off in the distance, some network in NYS.

Dave

mciupa

It has been added as Site 41 to OnQue with an Unknown County designation.

Status
Not open for further replies.