DSDPlus DSD+ 2.448 Availible

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
DSD+ 2.448

Added checks for UTF-8 space characters in all DSD+ data files.
DSD+ is designed to support only standard 7 bit ASCII characters, not multi-byte sequences.
Multi-byte characters can cause incorrect processing or displays.
If any errors are reported in the event log, check the console log for more details.
Edit data files to remove the reported character sequences.

FMP24 2.86
FMPA 2.46
FMPP 1.23

Added checks for UTF-8 space characters in frequency data (CSV) files and in scan list files.
These programs are designed to support only standard 7 bit ASCII characters, not multi-byte sequences.
If any multi-byte characters are reported, edit or replace the relevant files.

LRRP 1.26

Added check for UTF-8 space characters in the DSDPlus.LRRP file.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Updates to DSDPlus.exe, FMP24.exe, FMPA.exe, FMPP.exe, and LRRP.exe updated, release notes say;

Added checks for UTF-8 space characters in all DSD+ data files.
DSD+ is designed to support only standard 7 bit ASCII characters, not multi-byte sequences.
If any errors are reported in the event log, check the console log for more details.
Edit data files to remove the reported character sequences.

The new version alerts you where it finds UTF-8 space characters in all DSD+ data files and tells you where the error is.
new dsd.PNG

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
According to a post by @GTR8000 the latest release of DSD+ Fast Lane 2.448 has changed the way some Tier 3 systems are interpreted with regard to the System/Network ID and the site numbering. So far it has been confirmed to now display the Goosetown/Triangle system parameters correctly, however there are other Tier 3 systems around the country that should be checked.

This was not mentioned in the release notes.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
According to a post by @GTR8000 the latest release of DSD+ Fast Lane 2.448 has changed the way some Tier 3 systems are interpreted with regard to the System/Network ID and the site numbering. So far it has been confirmed to now display the Goosetown/Triangle system parameters correctly, however there are other Tier 3 systems around the country that should be checked.

I don't have any T3 systems in my area. Nearest one is Lake Cnty. I'll wait til bands open up or when I go somewhere has a T3 system.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Pretty sure this update transpired from the issue I had last week where my FMP24.Scanlist had corruption. Hats off to DSDPlus for figuring out the issue and promptly issuing an update to address it.

1701098778701-png.152048

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin

Yup, no mention in the release notes, which is a bit odd. Anyway...

So far the feedback in the NY thread shows that the issue with Selex/Leonardo brand T3 systems is fixed with regard to the incorrect System/Network ID and Site ID's. It appears that other brand T3 (Hytera) and pseudo T3 systems (Capacity Max) are unaffected by the recent changes.

scottjpalmer

I've posted in the linked thread with a link to what I believe is the background to the change and also to say I am now with 2.448 seeing an issue on 2 different systems by the same vendor, Tait.

scottjpalmer

Can you elaborate on the issue?
I think we're best to keep the conversation in one thread rather that in 2 different ones but to summarise, I believe the change was to fix a longstanding known issue where a TIII MOT system sometimes identified in DSD+FL as H1-YY and other times identified as H2-X.X area.site format. 2.448 fixed that to consistently display H1-YY as it should however I'm now seeing inconsistent behaviour between 2 TIII TAIT systems here where one still identifies as H2-X.X area.site format as it should but the other one now identifies as H1-YY.

Radioguy789

Hello. I just downloaded the update 2.448 and when I did everything came up fine and it seems to be working but in the picture I am posting I see this error which is in red and not sure where to find the error in my DSD Folder. It says: See Console Log for Details. I don’t know where the Console Log is.

If anyone on here can let me know. So I can look and see what kind of errors they are talking about.

The version I have been using: 2.395 never showed any errors.

Thanks

Attachments

• 6B5FDE94-676B-496C-9A52-658C874F6818.jpeg
    6B5FDE94-676B-496C-9A52-658C874F6818.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 54

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
You need to update your base files.
@Radioguy789 This means, in DSDPlus go to the MISC menu and choose "Download Newest Base Files". Once that download is complete, there will be a new .zip file in your DSDPlus folder related to the base files. Open that zip file, and then copy all of the items that did not pass into your DSDPlus folder. You can see what failed from the "DOS" console or command prompt. That is where it will tell you what base files failed and passed.

Radioguy789

Ok. I will give that a try and just curious what do they mean by Base Files.

I never had an issue like that. Like I said in the version I have been using 2.395 and all the previous ones I never had that issue or error come up and I never changed anything. I am monitoring a VHF CAP+ system if that means anything for this base file?

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
Newer versions of DSD+ added a base file check. In the console window scroll up to the top and it will list what files are missing or old. When you download the base file zip, replace only those files listed as problematic.

Radioguy789

Ok thanks. I think I got it figured out and did all that and reopened the program and no more errors. Says All base files passed.

Now just as I am running it. I don’t run this program that often here since there is not much activity on the CAP+ system here. I am seeing this show up that I never seen show up before. So just not to familiar with it and what it means.

Attachments

• 26A76A0C-2172-4823-9C61-E66E102560AE.jpeg
    26A76A0C-2172-4823-9C61-E66E102560AE.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 58