DSDPlus DSD+ Fast Lane program

zapphoid

I have been playing with the free version of DSD+ from the website and had though the Fastlane was dead as the site has not been updated since 2018 and no mention of any updates but from what I have found on this forum it looks to be still alive and kicking?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Not dead in fact there was an update today. To get FastLane,

zapphoid

The pages do not give an details there was any updates, all looks to be last updated 6 years ago (2018).
I have purchased yesterday, does anyone know how long it takes, I was hoping to see it when I woke up this morning ;)

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
The pages do not give an details there was any updates, all looks to be last updated 6 years ago (2018).
I have purchased yesterday, does anyone know how long it takes, I was hoping to see it when I woke up this morning ;)
Yes, the creator doesn't promote it. he basically gets his business from word of mouth here and other SDR websites.

As for how long, that depends, DSD+FL is not made and distributed by a big company, it is one individual who does it all. He tries his best to respond to all orders as quickly as possible, but he has a life too, and is in a different time zone than most of us. I've seen it take a day, I've seen it take a week. Just like ordering anything online, you really can't be sure how quickly it arrives.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

Your copy is tied to your paypal address. Make sure you check your paypal email address, especially the spam folder. And once you get the email, make sure you keep it forever because it will contain a password that you need to hold on to.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber

Like many programs, there is a place in it to get the updates. click on "Misc" in the "Event Log" and you will find "Check Updates" as well as new base files. It is now version 2.464. You must be using an antique.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Like many programs, there is a place in it to get the updates. click on "Misc" in the "Event Log" and you will find "Check Updates" as well as new base files. It is now version 2.464. You must be using an antique.

OP was trying to find the information on the website before he upgraded from the free version, but there wasn't much info about updates on the website.

zapphoid

Yes, the free version is 1.1

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
The check updates and download base files features are not in all Fastlane versions so depending what FastLane version one has, those may or may not be present.

The base file feature was added in 2.268

notes.txt said; DSD+ 2.268

Fixed P25 channel 0-0 handling.

Significantly improved Fusion decoding.

Added dPMR link control display and AMBE+2 voice synthesis. dPMR decoding has to be enabled.

Modified site loader window operation:

Controlled by mouse / pointer device only; no keyboard inputs.

Left or right click on an entry to highlight it.

Left click highlighted entry to tune to it and close site loader window.

Right click highlighted entry to tune to it and leave site loader window open.

Added direct connection mode:

Connects DSD+ to FMPA/FMPP/FMP24 without using network.

Use -i<linkID> on DSD+ command line for direct connection.

Use -iT<addr:port> on DSD+ command line for TCP link to remote PC.

Added integrity check for lame_enc.dll file; correct file is in DLL bundle at dsdplus.com

Added menu entry to download newest base files. Provides access to up to date copies of
all DSD+ companion programs, configuration files, batch files, data files and required DLLs.

The check update feature was added in 2.186. At some point manual check became automatic but I did not locate that in the notes file.

notes.txt said; DSD+ 2.186

Addressed buzzing audio when monitoring DMR trunk traffic in single receiver mode.

Fixed single receiver mode NEXEDGE96 trunk tracking / voice following.

Added a manual check for updates. Press U in DSD+ to check for a newer version.
When a newer version is available, modify the trailing digits in the download link
in your notification email to match the new update's version number.
Use the same zipfile password to unpack each new update.