DSDPlus DSD+ FL with RTL SDR Dongle

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Hello! I have setup my RTL SDR dongle with DSD+ Fastlane and I keep getting an Error when running 1R and FMP-CC that "the sever is not listing is selected link ID" I've tried playing around with the inputs, but I've had no luck. Any idea of what I should do next?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hello! I have setup my RTL SDR dongle with DSD+ Fastlane and I keep getting an Error when running 1R and FMP-CC that "the sever is not listing is selected link ID" I've tried playing around with the inputs, but I've had no luck. Any idea of what I should do next?
Use fmp24-cc.bat and 1r.bat

Read the NOTES file for the format of the bat files to start the FMP24 and then DSD+ using the files @PDXh0b0 told you. You DO NOT start the programs using the EXE files as there is other information you must tell it before they work correctly, such as how to connect FMP24 and DSD+, that info gets put in the bat (or batch) file.

For more information do a search (TOP right corner) of the forums for FMP24.bat or 1R.bat and you'll find a number of threads.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
seems to be working now. I just cant hear any audio
Use the menu system to ensure you have the proper output selected. Italicized group/private calls are ENCrypted calls. And depending upon what you are listening to (such as particular DMR systems), there may simply be no voice traffic at the time you were monitoring.

And, it goes without saying that if you are monitoring most DMR or NXDN systems, you have to set up the frequency <--> LCN or frequency <--> Channel ID pairings in DSDPlus.frequencies and have to populate DSDPlus.Networks and DSDPlus.Sites properly in order for it to trunk track.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Not required for trunk tracking. Those files mainly just define the network and site aliases.

OK whatever. I’ll leave all the questions for you for now on. If somebody wants to trunk track and they have to configure their frequencies file anyway, it makes zero sense for them to not go through and take care of the networks and site files as well.

slicerwizard

Oh, I agree. Adding all of that stuff is half the fun. I've seen plenty of screen shots here where folks are obviously trunking / hearing comms, but the event log window has no network name, no site name, no neighbor names, no talkgroup names, nada. They're missing out!