DSDPlus RTL SDR and WIn 11 Help

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Helloo!

I am currently trying to get back into the SDR world after about 5 years. I know some has changed but operating systems sure have.

I am currently running an 2023 Asus ROG Strix G15 laptop with WIndows 11 Home 64bit I have my One RTL SDR dongle "kit" that I bought off on Amazon and I am attempting to run it with DSD before testing it out with DSD+ Fastlane I keep getting an error that my "RTL SDR 1 cannot open" when opening the FMP file. I have literally tried everything including the installation webpage from the RTL SDR and the whole Zadig route.

Is this my PC's USB ports or my dongle?

Thank you

Pape

Premium Subscriber
Did you try to cut the apple in half and try a other sdr software like sdr# or something similar?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Helloo!

I am currently trying to get back into the SDR world after about 5 years. I know some has changed but operating systems sure have.

I am currently running an 2023 Asus ROG Strix G15 laptop with WIndows 11 Home 64bit I have my One RTL SDR dongle "kit" that I bought off on Amazon and I am attempting to run it with DSD before testing it out with DSD+ Fastlane I keep getting an error that my "RTL SDR 1 cannot open" when opening the FMP file. I have literally tried everything including the installation webpage from the RTL SDR and the whole Zadig route.

Is this my PC's USB ports or my dongle?

Thank you
As @PDXh0b0 asked, what brand and version of the dongle are you using? If unsure, share a link to the Amazon offering so we can see.

Do you see it in device manager?
1.PNG

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Mine are only showing up as bulk interface. This is also what I bought from Amazon.

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    32 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    268.2 KB · Views: 13

dave3825

Premium Subscriber

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
Run zadig, options, list all devices, option uncheck ignore hubs or Composites parents, click the drop down and take a screenshot and share it here

Pape

Premium Subscriber
make sure you select your dongle when using zdiag, depending on the batch you got from Nooelec it may show up under different name.
zdiag.png

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
This is what I am currently seeing in Zadig, Drivers were both installed and still getting an error on the FMP screen of DSD

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    195.3 KB · Views: 15

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
Click the drop menu (next to the edit) let us see what else is there.

If you want try teamviewer, message me