• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Expand Unication US line

Status
Not open for further replies.

David_Oney

Former Unication Tech Support
Premium Subscriber
The "S" Variant is still in early Development. I don't foresee it being ready for production any time soon.

CanesFan95

Without knowing anything about programming, how technically difficult is it to add a scan delay and a hold / resume feature? Is that considered a hard thing to write in software code?

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Lets not forget that each button on the device now has an assigned function.
So if we added a hold button, which hardware button would we use?
Then if we did have a hold button, how would we now add the nuisance delete button? I guess long hold for one and short press for the other. :)
My thought for user delay is a drop down menu of 1 through 6 seconds. Add it to D-4 Group ID setting menu. This way when the ID is landed on it would use the time delay to hang based on your selection.
Hey Unication, if you end up doing it that way can i get a free G5. LOL

radio3353

Without knowing anything about programming, how technically difficult is it to add a scan delay and a hold / resume feature? Is that considered a hard thing to write in software code?

I don't think that is even the issue. Unication's pagers are made for and marketed to professional users, i.e. emergency responders. If a feature the hobbyist want (like a hold feature) could inadvertently interfere with receiving an emergency page, Unication will not do it. That's just my conjecture, of course. All things considered there are features I would like to see added, all of which have been previously mentioned here, but I am still mindful of who the pagers are made for. And it is not the hobbyist.

troymail

Silent Key
I don't think that is even the issue. Unication's pagers are made for and marketed to professional users, i.e. emergency responders. If a feature the hobbyist want (like a hold feature) could inadvertently interfere with receiving an emergency page, Unication will not do it. That's just my conjecture, of course. All things considered there are features I would like to see added, all of which have been previously mentioned here, but I am still mindful of who the pagers are made for. And it is not the hobbyist.

+1

I typed up a post something similar to this but then deleted it rather than posting....

Assuming they even consider/opted to add features like this, they'd also have to build a "defeat" or lockout of that same feature in the PPS to ensure the true intended users don't do something that would cause them to miss an alert/notification. I could be wrong but I suspect some "protections" already had to be added to keep those same users from making unauthorized changes to their equipment (i.e. password on programming, etc.)

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Not available yet, but will be in the future. Our next firmware release will support DMR Tier I and Tier II on the G4/G5 and 64 zones. Projected August release date.

The "S" Variant is still in early Development. I don't foresee it being ready for production any time soon.

Since we know David is legit, it brings the question of "who is Uni1?" into even more suspicion. The statements contradict each other and I get the sense of a little trolling.

TomTN

Just to clarify my earlier post, out of excitement about DMR I wrote Tier 1 when I meant to write Tier 2 which is also included in the post made by UNI1.

As for models, the TW site lists three versions of the G5. The first is the G5-B with Bluetooth v 2, the second us G5-P which has Bluetooth v 4 both of which have DMR Tiers 1 & 2. The third is the G5-S which has BT 4 plus DMR Tier 3. It would appear the US variant UNI1 mentioned is the G5-B or the G5-P (hopefully). Unication David was referring to the G5-S with Tier 3.

I do not know whether the G5-B (BT-2) or the G5-P (BT-4) is currently shipping in the US although some recent buyers have posted their unit included BT-4. (Unconfirmed)

G2 / G3 / G4 / G5 SERIES VOICE PAGERS

kinglou0

I do not know whether the G5-B (BT-2) or the G5-P (BT-4) is currently shipping in the US although some recent buyers have posted their unit included BT-4. (Unconfirmed)

Unless I see a screen shot showing an LMP higher than 0x6, I'm not buying it.

As far as I know, a Bluetooth radio change would require a modification or a whole new certification. The most recent filing was in 2016 for the R01 VHF Repeater (using the grantee code of LEA).

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
So is it an "August release date" or not "ready for production anytime soon?"

If both are legit, someone is blowing smoke.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
So is it an "August release date" or not "ready for production anytime soon?"

If both are legit, someone is blowing smoke.

Red font markup is mine, to make it easier for you to figure out this time. :wink:

Not available yet, but will be in the future.
(Referring to the G5S)

Our next firmware release will support DMR Tier I and Tier II on the G4/G5 and 64 zones. Projected August release date.
(Referring to firmware for the existing G4/G5 models)

hiddenrun

Premium Subscriber
1) DMR is not band specific.
2) G4 is available with UHF.

Sent using Tapatalk

Just to correct this before it causes confusion.

The Unication G4 Pager is only 700-800 mhz. ( NOT available in any other bands )

The Unication G5 Pager is available in VHF/700-800 MHz, and various UHF/700-800 MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.