SDS100/SDS200: Favorites List HELP!

swfluncensored

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I am used to doing nas (non-affiliated scan) with real radios. I am now moving to the safer and wayy better world of scanning. I have an SDS100 coming soon.

I am programming Lee Health frequencies into Sentinel right now. This is a health system in Lee Co, FL with multiple hospitals under one license. This is a DMR system.

I have the sites programmed under the system "Lee Co. Businesses" for each location with the frequency and color code, along with coordinates of the hospital (based on FCC ULS).

I then have each hospital listed under one main department "Lee Health". I am super confused on this.

How does the scanner know which frequency/site to scan based on the hospital??? I feel like so much information is missing - I hope I'm not being confusing. System linked below.

swfluncensored

Premium Subscriber
Assuming traffic is only carried on its respective hospital's frequency(ies) and not mulficast across the other sites: Site hold
My question- I don't want to listen to one particular hospital. I want to be able to listen to all at once. Do I need to do that channel hold every time, or will it scan all facilities and Rx automatically ?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Do I need to do that site hold every time, or will it scan all facilities and Rx automatically ?
Are all hospitals within monitoring range of each other? If yes, you can either program them as conventional objects or since each talkgroup is unique, DMR one-frequency should work as well. Just scan the entire department and it'll pick up transmissions as long as you're within range

swfluncensored

Premium Subscriber
Are all hospitals within monitoring range of each other? If yes, you can either program them as conventional objects or since each talkgroup is unique, DMR one-frequency should work as well. Just scan the entire department and it'll pick up transmissions as long as you're within range
Yes!!! They all have 35.2 (around 35) km range of each other. I am located near the center of the county, and all hospitals can be heard throughout the entire county (with some exceptions on the islands, which is not an issue here). I programmed them as DMR one-frequency.

Thanks!

swfluncensored

Premium Subscriber
Another question-

I want to listen to a few schools who are on DMR, but the RRdB has them listed as conventional. Is there a way to just program in the frequency, and let the scanner do the rest ?

tvengr

Well Known Member
First, you need to download and install Uniden Sentinel programming software. http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/BCDx36HPSentinel Create a favorites list for the hospitals. You need to program 3 DMR One Frequency systems in the favorites list to have access to programming talkgroups and slots. Give each system a different quick key to be able to select systems. The first 2 talkgroups use the same frequency and will be in the same system. That frequency (452.0125) with color code 4 is entered into the site one time. You then setup 2 talkgroups with TGID, alpha tag, and slot number. The remaining 2 frequencies are entered the same way in 2 separate DMR One Frequency systems with only one talkgroup in each system. Set the site quick key to None (.) on each site so that it will be scanning anytime the system is active.

Hospitals​

FrequencyLicenseTypeToneAlpha TagDescriptionModeTag
452.0125WPZZ791RMCC 4
TG 6010
SL 1
GCMC 6010Gulf Coast Medical CenterDMRBusiness
452.0125WPZZ791RMCC 4
TG 4013
SL 2
GCMC 4013Gulf Coast Medical CenterDMRBusiness
463.725WPZZ791RMCC 6
TG 1010
SL 1
HPMC SecurityHealthPark Medical Center - SecurityDMRSecurity
464.425WPZZ791RMCC 3
TG 3010
SL 1
Cape MHLee Memorial Hospital - SecurityDMRSecurity

swfluncensored

Premium Subscriber
First, you need to download and install Uniden Sentinel programming software. http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/BCDx36HPSentinel Create a favorites list for the hospitals. You need to program 3 DMR One Frequency systems in the favorites list to have access to programming talkgroups and slots. Give each system a different quick key to be able to select systems. The first 2 talkgroups use the same frequency and will be in the same system. That frequency (452.0125) with color code 4 is entered into the site one time. You then setup 2 talkgroups with TGID, alpha tag, and slot number. The remaining 2 frequencies are entered the same way in 2 separate DMR One Frequency systems with only one talkgroup in each system. Set the site quick key to None (.) on each site so that it will be scanning anytime the system is active.

Hospitals​

FrequencyLicenseTypeToneAlpha TagDescriptionModeTag
452.0125WPZZ791RMCC 4
TG 6010
SL 1
GCMC 6010Gulf Coast Medical CenterDMRBusiness
452.0125WPZZ791RMCC 4
TG 4013
SL 2
GCMC 4013Gulf Coast Medical CenterDMRBusiness
463.725WPZZ791RMCC 6
TG 1010
SL 1
HPMC SecurityHealthPark Medical Center - SecurityDMRSecurity
464.425WPZZ791RMCC 3
TG 3010
SL 1
Cape MHLee Memorial Hospital - SecurityDMRSecurity
This is amazing. Thank you so much for your detailed description. Just for clarification, do I NEED the quick keys for each DMR One Frequency system? I want to be able to scan the entire favorites list without selecting specific systems

tvengr

Well Known Member
With the quick keys, you can select one or any combination of the systems to monitor. Give the favorites list a quick key also. If all 3 systems are turned on, they will all scan when you turn on the favorites list. If the systems do not have a quick key, they will all scan anytime the favorites list is active.

swfluncensored

Premium Subscriber
With the quick keys, you can select one or any combination of the systems to monitor. Give the favorites list a quick key also. If all 3 systems are turned on, they will all scan when you turn on the favorites list. If the systems do not have a quick key, they will all scan anytime the favorites list is active.
—nevermind, solved this.

but to reiterate another one:
I want to listen to a few schools who are on DMR, but the RRdB has them listed as conventional. Is there a way to just program in the frequency, and let the scanner do the rest ?

swfluncensored

Premium Subscriber
If the favorites list has a quick key, you can toggle it on and off by pressing the FL quick key number followed by E on the scanner keypad.
There is only one favorites list on the scanner. If I do not put a quick key on it, will it automatically turn on?