SDS100/SDS200: Favorites List HELP!

tvengr

Well Known Member
There is only one favorites list on the scanner. If I do not put a quick key on it, will it automatically turn on?
In the future, I am sure you will be adding additional favorites lists. For example, you could put the Lee County Public Safety trunked system on another favorites list with a different quick key and easily select the hospitals, Lee County, or both using the quick keys. If a favorites list quick key is on, the favorites list will scan anytime you turn on the scanner. Any favorites list without a quick key will scan all of the time with no easy way to turn it off.

Ubbe

It'll only show up in channel options if the object is programmed conventionally. If DMR one frequency, for each frequency, edit the frequency, then set color code to "search"
But not only that if you want to scan "the rest". You also have to set ID:Search to On in Options in a OFT system, or it will only scan the programmed TG's. I believe you also need to program a dummy TG and not let it be blank as there's a bug that then ignores all type of scans in the system.

/Ubbe

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
. I believe you also need to program a dummy TG and not let it be blank as there's a bug that then ignores all type of scans in the system.

/Ubbe
Not in an SDS100 with latest firmware. Enabling ID Search is all you need to do to track all talkgroups including those not programmed into the FL. I have OFT and TRBO systems with no talkgroups programmed into the FL. ID Search lets all traffic through

tvengr

Well Known Member
I believe you also need to program a dummy TG and not let it be blank as there's a bug that then ignores all type of scans in the system.
Not in an SDS100 with latest firmware. Enabling ID Search is all you need to do to track all talkgroups including those not programmed into the FL.
I remember having to put a dummy talkgroup in mine also. That may have been in my BCD996P2. Glad to hear that is not necessary in the SDS100. Thanks!

Brales60

Premium Subscriber
Since your using an SDS100, you sould read thru the following 2 links as they have anything and everything for your scanner and Sentinel.

Uniden Sds series easy to read manual.

Uniden Sentinel easy to read manual.
These are helpful, I have both bookmarked in my favorites. OP, I don't mess with quick keys, but use the avoid button a bunch. I can get all the hospitals up one county from you in Charlotte. I do change my FL list often though.

swfluncensored

Premium Subscriber
These are helpful, I have both bookmarked in my favorites. OP, I don't mess with quick keys, but use the avoid button a bunch. I can get all the hospitals up one county from you in Charlotte. I do change my FL list often though.

Glad to see someone near my area!!! That is definitely the plan, though - no quick keys, just constant updates to the FL and some avoid button spam.

Also are you referring to hearing the LeeHealth system from Charlotte?

Brales60

Premium Subscriber
Also are you referring to hearing the LeeHealth system from Charlotte?
Yeah, not a fan of quick keys. I can, and the airport. I have a descent external antenna up aways. I don't normally listen to Lee though. Plenty to hear up hear in Charlotte. I do have N Port PD and FD plugged in and hear them great. Have you had any luck with the Seminole Gulf Railroad? I haven't heard poop since hurricane Ian smoked the bridges keeping them from coming up here. Been getting hits from the road tonight, but all 3 seconds of static.

swfluncensored

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, not a fan of quick keys. I can, and the airport. I have a descent external antenna up aways. I don't normally listen to Lee though. Plenty to hear up hear in Charlotte. I do have N Port PD and FD plugged in and hear them great. Have you had any luck with the Seminole Gulf Railroad? I haven't heard poop since hurricane Ian smoked the bridges keeping them from coming up here. Been getting hits from the road tonight, but all 3 seconds of static.
That's interesting! I haven't had any luck with the railroads either. Have you tried listening to the Charlotte Co. Federal Correctional? They are on conventional P25 and unencrypted. I can pick up regular static from where I'm at.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
But not only that if you want to scan "the rest". You also have to set ID:Search to On in Options in a OFT system, or it will only scan the programmed TG's. I believe you also need to program a dummy TG and not let it be blank as there's a bug that then ignores all type of scans in the system.

/Ubbe

I believe he mentioned just programming conventional frequencies. If that is all that is done, and with an activated key, he will be able to monitor the transmissions with only the frequencies programmed. (provided ANALOG ONLY is not selected).

I would recommend setting the Color Code to eliminate co-channel users.

Brales60

Premium Subscriber
That's interesting! I haven't had any luck with the railroads either. Have you tried listening to the Charlotte Co. Federal Correctional? They are on conventional P25 and unencrypted. I can pick up regular static from where I'm at.
No, but one of the local members gave me a few links to CC Correctional. Never tried, but really not interested at this point. I have road, yard and one other thing for the Seminole Gulf if you want it. Our area isn't a huge rail deal like the rest of the country.

swfluncensored

Premium Subscriber
No, but one of the local members gave me a few links to CC Correctional. Never tried, but really not interested at this point. I have road, yard and one other thing for the Seminole Gulf if you want it. Our area isn't a huge rail deal like the rest of the country.
Yes, if you could give me allllll of those, that would be so greatly appreciated!!! Thanks so much!!!!

tvengr

Well Known Member
The last column in the database is Tag. That is the Service Type. When you first install Sentinel, only the Dispatch and Custom 1 service types are enabled. In the following example, you will not receive TGID 647 unless you enable EMS-Tac. When programming manually, if you do not enter a service type, the service type defaults to Custom 1. If you don't enter service types for all of the talkgroups, all that needs to be enabled is Custom 1.
DEC HEX Mode Alpha TagDescriptionTag
646286DNFD DispDispatchFire Dispatch
647287DNFD Tac 2Tac 2 (EMS Ops)EMS-Tac

swfluncensored

Premium Subscriber
The last column in the database is Tag. That is the Service Type. When you first install Sentinel, only the Dispatch and Custom 1 service types are enabled. In the following example, you will not receive TGID 647 unless you enable EMS-Tac. When programming manually, if you do not enter a service type, the service type defaults to Custom 1. If you don't enter service types for all of the talkgroups, all that needs to be enabled is Custom 1.
DECHEXModeAlpha TagDescriptionTag
646286DNFD DispDispatchFire Dispatch
647287DNFD Tac 2Tac 2 (EMS Ops)EMS-Tac
ohhhh ok. thanks!