FCC License Search URLs

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
For a number of years now, I've been using the FCC ULS License Search website License Search to search for licensed frequencies, but this morning I'm experiencing "try again later" responses when running searches. Before this website came into being (or when there have been issues with the above website), there used to be a couple of FCC websites where you could search for licenses, one of them being http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/General_Menu_Reports/ . When I try that website recently, I get a response saying "You don't have permission to access "http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/General_Menu_Reports/callsign.cfm" on this server".

Is anyone aware of a current FCC alternate to the FCC ULS License Search website where one can search for land mobile license information?

Thanks in advance!

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Here's one I use daily. I particularly like the GPS coordinate search function, mapped results, etc. It also has a " near my location" function you can use on your phone to search licenses in your immediate area. Good when trying to pinpoint stations on the road

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Not unusual for the FCC websites to be down for an hour, day, week, or whatever. All you can do is wait for it to come back up. There have been numerous posts about it. My suggestion, keep trying.

Capture1.PNG

MiCon

Mike
While we're on this subject, a couple of years ago I lost my Favorites list when my OS died. I used to use a site where you entered your location, and it would show all licensed transmitters in a limited range from you. Everything from P/S to telemetry to McDonalds order window. I can't, for the life of me, remember what that URL is or how I originally found it.

I've since moved, and I'd like to find all of transmitters in my area. Is anyone here aware of this site?

<>< Mike

W8UU

Pilot of the Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
I had a similar question. For years, I've used the General Menu (GenMen) FCC Database to search by county and state, or by frequency, or do a radius search. You can now access a list of licensees but you can't drill down on a specific call sign. The system gives you a "restricted access - you don't have any business being here" screen. What's up with that? It's public information and everyone had full access until about six months ago. Anyone know what's happening?