Federal Protective Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mpg0515

poltergeisty said:
I have heard them on Apco-25 and UHf so they use a hodge podge of frequencies and radios.

Some I have here.

163.1750 s GSA HQ Transportation
168.5750 s GSA Region Building Maintenance
415.2000 r/s CH1 & CH3 FPS (Astro)
417.2000 r/s CH2 & CH4 FPS (Astro)
411.2750 r/s CH5 & CH6 FPS (Astro)

GENERAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATION
GSA 413.8750
GSA - Federal Supply Service 164.2750
GSA - Law Enforcement F-1 input to 417.2 419.1750
GSA - Law Enforcement F-1 repeater 417.2000
GSA - Law Enforcement F-2 simplex 417.2000
GSA - Law Enforcement F-3 simplex 412.4000
GSA - Law Enforcement F-4 simplex 417.4250
GSA - Public Building Service input to 415.2 413.9500
GSA - Public Building Service repeater 415.2000

Next time you see your friend bring a freq. counter
icon6.gif

Thanks, I will try these out. When I saw him I actually did have a freq counter in the car with me. I did not think about this until after the fact. oh well, i will get it some time

dangitdoug

From a qualified source DHS is encrypted and have nationwide transmit capability. San Diego can talk to Miami etc.

fpswarrior

dangitdoug said:
From a qualified source DHS is encrypted and have nationwide transmit capability. San Diego can talk to Miami etc.

From a better DHS source, mostly encrypted, and regional dispatch centers must set up a patch for "nationwide" coverage ability.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
mpg0515 said:
Thanks, I will try these out. When I saw him I actually did have a freq counter in the car with me. I did not think about this until after the fact. oh well, i will get it some time

Your welcome. :) The freq. counter may just tell you the output if there using APCO, but it's a start. BTW, I have no particular talk groups at this time,sorry.

"nationwide" Coverge? :lol: um, cell phones? :lol:

Last edited:
M

mpg0515

New info

So, I was at the Fort Collins Federal Building today and I had a chance to get a close up of the FPS vehicles. There were about 8-10 Federal marked patrol vehicles parked there all with the "Phantom" style antenna (http://www.rfneulink.com/neulink_antennas_p6d.htm) and white in color, so it makes it kind of hard to see them. They are about 3 inches tall so it is kind of hard to tell what freqs they would be using. If this were a regular ol' unity gain antenna this would mean they were on 800Mhz somewhere, but these Phantom antennas are diffferent, so who knows? edit: Actually after reading the brochure they are all about 3 inches tall for all bands, so I guess I am just going to have to bring the frequecy counter down there.

M

mpg0515

poltergeisty said:
This could be for MDT.

Why didn't you bring your counter the first time you went? Remember, that anything you pick up will be most likely be input frequencies. 823.500, 822.00 etc, etc.

The first time it was with me when I was talking with one of the FPS guys I know, and I just forgot I had it.. Well this time I do have a good excuse... I just moved back into Fort Collins and don't know where that damn thing is.. I'll find it though and figure it out eventually.

Also I looked inside and they did not have any MDT's that I could visibly see. I do suppose that they might use them for other things and have them set up for portability?

fpswarrior

not to bring up an old topic but about the MDTs.... I know our region (region 5, great lakes) most definitely does not have MDTs but that sure would be nice. most areas of the county are on their own conventional P25 systems. other areas are still on analog non-trunked UHF systems. a few areas are on state/regional systems (michigan, miami, atlanta, DC area, NYC) so as a whole it is quite an eclectic combination of radios.

sorry for the spelling and gramatical errors i'm sending this post from my pocket PC.....

2scanners

mpg0515 said:
Does anyone know what frequencies or system they use? http://www.ice.gov/graphics/fps/index.htm I talked with one of these guys and he had no idea of course, it was just a radio to him. In Fort Collins there are apparently 10 officers that do patrols just like any other officer except they are federal and funded by the Department of Homeland Security. They also provide security for the CDC (Center for Disease Control) in Fort Collins too. I have seen a couple of their marked Crown Vics and they have an 800 Mhz antenna on them, but what could they be using? I don't think that it is DTRS? They might be using Fort Collins Police TG's but I don't think that is the case.
First they used csupd dispatch. Its 12:30 at night and bedtime. please post a reply for me I have lived in fort collins 8 years. and have a lot local freqs and TGS. Before I forget Federal Protective service uses 410.8 MHZ for fort collins loveland greely Possably cheyenne and boulder. 410.8 is not apco 25 or trunked or encrypted and I think is dispatched from Howes post office from the FBI office on the 3rd floor

Last edited:

skipshark773

FPS is definately not dispatched by CSUPD. They work in conjunction with CSUPD often because the two agencies have buldings on shared land spaces, but FPS definately does not have access to the CSUPD on DTRS.

Last edited:
M

mpg0515

2scanners said:
First they used csupd dispatch. Its 12:30 at night and bedtime. please post a reply for me I have lived in fort collins 8 years. and have a lot local freqs and TGS. Before I forget Federal Protective service uses 410.8 MHZ for fort collins loveland greely Possably cheyenne and boulder. 410.8 is not apco 25 or trunked or encrypted and I think is dispatched from Howes post office from the FBI office on the 3rd floor

2scanners, thanks for the info... I believe that you are right on that freq. I just heard someone say that they were out at an address on Laporte Ave.

2scanners

before the 410.8 I heard them dispatched to the Post office by CSU. at that time they could talk to ftcpd and csu the radios were compatable. they may change to 800 astro soon.
they are boring to listen to. 8:15 last night I saw a FPS car going code 3 to the howes post office for a false alarm.
they must not have anything better to do. except play with thier lights and siren

Last edited:

2scanners

You are welcome. About all youre going to hear is building checks. Cars being pulled over for minor offences, wants a warrents, alarms, just little things. Pretty much a waste of tax payers money. There is no reason why FTCPD, CSUPD and LCSO Cant handle the calls. Only traffic today was about a sick deer on laporte.

skipshark773

The FPS is there to secure and patrol all of the federal property in Fort Collins and the surrounding area (believe me theres alot of it). CSU does patrol some of the same property but their objective is different. CSU is a state agency and FCPS is a local agency, the FPS is there to secure federal property which (for the most part) CSU and FC don't have jurisdiction on (some exceptions exist).

[edit]: same for LCSO. Good catch with 410.800 though. Do you know if they have any TAC's or other frequencies they operate on?

Last edited:

2scanners

I have never heard them saying go to tac. and never found any. they have been using the the freq for a really long time. about the same time new fed buildings behind the CSU Vet hospital started construction. .

Last edited:

skipshark773

Ok, thanks for the info. I wasn't trying to say you were wrong...I just wanted to provide a bit of an explainer to the redundancy of law enforcement prescence in FTC. Things can get a little ridiculous with the number of agencies and their respective jurisdictions (especially down here in the metro area) believe me, Ive been in law enforcement for a long time and in two different areas of the country (Wash DC has to be the worst jurisdictional nightmare EVER).

Last edited:

skipshark773

Id rather not say explicitly, (if I do, then I cant provide information on the boards anymore) it is a state agency and we are out of FTC. Prior to that I worked for a number of years in Baltimore County, MD.

Status
Not open for further replies.