Feedback When Plugged In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I just got my feed up and running, however I noticed some really bad feedback. Through process of elimination I have figured out that my scanner being plugged in is the cause. Using batteries I still have some feedback but it is much better. As soon as I plug in the AC adapter the feedback gets 3x worse. Is there any way I can fix this? I'm using a Radio Shack pro 96, hooked up using an audio wire from headphone jack to my computers line in. Scannercast software.

richtidd

Database Admin
Hey guys, I just got my feed up and running, however I noticed some really bad feedback. Through process of elimination I have figured out that my scanner being plugged in is the cause. Using batteries I still have some feedback but it is much better. As soon as I plug in the AC adapter the feedback gets 3x worse. Is there any way I can fix this? I'm using a Radio Shack pro 96, hooked up using an audio wire from headphone jack to my computers line in. Scannercast software.

Your feed is now offline.

I need to here the feed before I can advise you.

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
Are you getting feedback (a higher pitched squeal) or is it a loud low hum?

My previous feed scanner (PRO-164, handheld) generated a lot of hum when plugged in to power and the sound card. Using a ground loop isolator fixed it. Radio Shack's version is this:
Ground Loop Isolator - RadioShack.com

richtidd

Database Admin

Helping via e-mail.

Fixed

It has been a while since I have tried getting my scanner going. I never did get it figured out, however I did buy a new desktop a couple of days ago and just for the heck of it I decided to plug in my scanner and see what happened. Who-la! The feedback is magically gone. Must have been something in the laptop that I was using. Anyway, its sounding great now, and as soon as I can get my feed approved will be back in business. Thanks to all for trying to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.