SDS100/SDS200: Firmware 1.06.00M Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Has anyone tried mix and matching the earlier sub firmwares with newer main firmware or is it even possible?

I have and its ok with 1.01.03s with other firmwares however Its always at -45 rssi when somethings received also analog audio has a wierd screech toward the and of longer transmissions... 1.01.03 also receives farther in the VHF hi spectrum however if near pagers the intermod will desense the front end and wipe it out completely on VHF and UHF..

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
I belong to 30 or 40 Yahoo! Groups. Never been hacked.

Yahoo has been hacked numerous times over the past 10 years or so; while not everyone's accounts were affected, there are many of us who refuse to use there services these days and we're not alone; many of the original Yahoo Groups moved to Groups.io as a result of the constant attacks against Yahoo, the spam, etc. Yahoo is basically on life support these days... Would be nice if Uniden would have a Wiki page with all of the firmware download links and other assorted information about the SDS100 instead of having to troll through countless threads on RadioReference.com for all the information and links.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We only support non-beta releases. If you want to try beta releases and report results, that is great. But we have no intention of creating an archive for interim f/w versions, some of which have non-optimal performance issues.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
We only support non-beta releases. If you want to try beta releases and report results, that is great. But we have no intention of creating an archive for interim f/w versions, some of which have non-optimal performance issues.

I completely understand and agree with the distinction of support for beta vs non-beta firmwares and would only expect non-beta firmware to be on this Wiki page.

It would be helpful for both Uniden and the beta testers to be able to go back and forth between the latest beta and non-beta firmware's to isolate issues and report more detailed information like it acts this way in the previous production firmware and now it does this, etc. I know many are already doing this on their own, but having a centralized resource would be helpful; I see there is a Wiki page here: SDS100Files < UnidenMan4 < TWiki but it lacks updated information, firmware releases, etc.

SCPD

QRT
Got totally ignored,skipped over

I belong to 30 or 40 Yahoo! Groups. Never been hacked.

How come I'm the only one with the ignored log file?

Attachments

• log0085751.txt
    96.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Trailing off subject ?

Health and Sports Day, also known as Health-Sports Day or Sports Day, is a national holiday in Japan held annually on the second Monday in October. It commemorates the opening of the 1964 Summer Olympics held in Tokyo, and exists to promote sports and an active lifestyle.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_and_Sports_Day

What does this have to do with firmware? Or unidens?

If I wanted to get mocked, I would have worn a pair of fake glasses with the mustache attached.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Log submitted Saturday (Japan time). Monday is a holiday in Japan. "Why am I being ignored?"

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Just a quick note on the log...these are primarily useful for diagnosing digital decode issues. Less useful for absolute receive. That low of a signal is going to be problematic for reception.

SCPD

QRT
SDS-100

Just a quick note on the log...these are primarily useful for diagnosing digital decode issues. Less useful for absolute receive. That low of a signal is going to be problematic for reception.

I'm telling you the SDS-100 doesn't receive well on 476.5625 MHZ NYC Manhattan. I don't know why you needed a log for that anyhow.
I got the point, I'm going to sell it and get the Whistler. No help is to be had from Uniden.
Others are saying this radio is poor in reception on VHF and UHF also.
All I can say is stick it next to a BCD-996 or 396 and you will see the problem on these bands.
The 396XT is a great Radio for 136-174 and 400-512mhz.

So today is "get rid of that customer day" .

Last edited:

vocoder

Using fw 1.06 beta:
Programmed some conventional dmr freqs. On my sds, when holding on one of the dmr freq, it decodes the voice but not the reply. Like it gets locked up on decoding. When scanning the same with channel delay set, the scanner does the same. If i set the delay to zero, while scanning if it lands on the same freq again, it decodes every tx. Same for the x36's. But the 996p2 works ok on all the above.

Last edited:

vocoder

Firmware upgrade request?
If we do not use gps with the sds, could we please have the option to turn off the gps update interval?
Or if we turn off the port in gps settings, could it please turn off the update process?
This might even help with borderline reception of a trunked system that is harder to stay locked on to the cc When the the sds is going to stay stationary.

Thanks
73, john

Last edited:

seth21w

Firmware upgrade request?
If we do not use gps with the sds, could we please have the option to turn off the gps update interval?
Or if we turn off the port in gps settings, could it please turn off the update process?
This might even help with borderline reception of a trunked system that is harder to stay locked on to the cc When the the sds is going to stay stationary.

Thanks
73, john

Im having the same problem, and i never use gps but cant keep a lock on the best tower it jumps between 2 all the time. And dmr wont work on mine unless perfect rssi.

Status
Not open for further replies.