SDS100/SDS200 Open Beta 1.09.01 for Crackling Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
did you place it here - G:\BCDx36HP\firmware - My Drive is G but it might be different for you, also did you apply 1.09.00 before, as it has 2 files for the one radio

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
This is what the folder looks like

Attachments

• 2019-03-29_2-55-19.png
    2019-03-29_2-55-19.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 94

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
VHF & 7/800 sensitivity increased with latest beta. Some conv channels have IFX turned on. SDS getting better with latest firmwares.

synthetik

Dropouts on WFM broadcast seem to be totally fixed. So far no cracking on VHF/UHF analog either. Excited for the official release.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
ok I do get some crackling/noise if I sit on a VHF channel, if I switch to another channel and back it goes away, it is getting better though, the crackling doesn't happen every time

DataSquid

Update applied successfully. My "Business" system in which most of the analog VHF w/CTCSS resides seems to scan slower now. No settings changed. Maybe just my imagination.

Audio is improved. The base dispatcher for one of the local school bus companies (who is unflappably cheery) sounded even more like a songbird this morning as the buses checked in after their drop-offs. I didn't realize I had the crackling noise problem until it was gone.

Firmware Fridays are the best.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Hi Upman,
Mrscanner2008 is not the only one affected; you've seen my comments, logs and videos on the other thread.
I monitor close to 40 fire departments that are using One Frequency (both DMR and NXDN) and the SDS100 and SDS200 are highly deficients vs the 436/536 for these systems. I tought you would have taken this problem seriously but considering that its not a problem for you (i.e. either caused by interference or weak signal), I have decided to get rid of my SDS100 and SDS200 and revert to my two BCD536 and 436.
I can trust and rely on my 436/536 for One Frequency operation which is absolutely not the case with the SDS100 and SDS200
I was probably in the first 2-3 to have a SDS-200 in Canada and I was so proud (at that time)

It doesn't make sense that my SDS100-200 are picking up less than 50% of the One Frequency transmissions I get with my 436/536
(when they pickup anything at all).

I have been a loyal Uniden owner from the very beginning but I dont want these radio anymore.
A nice display is not enough; I bought them for the audio and I dont want to waste my time playing with filter options.

With all my respect,

We never received any additional data from you, so have to rely on the data you did provide, which we evaluated and did respond to you about (in the other thread). This is an RX issue, not a bug. I explained the RX differences in the other thread, so won't repeat, here.

VE2ZPS

Premium Subscriber
We never received any additional data from you, so have to rely on the data you did provide, which we evaluated and did respond to you about (in the other thread). This is an RX issue, not a bug. I explained the RX differences in the other thread, so won't repeat, here.
I only wanted to mention that MrScanner2008 is not the only one with this problem. (contrary to your statement)
Again this morning major fire, the 436/536 were perfect and the SDS100-200 were silent (RSSI -60dBm)

Thank You !

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
Firmware updated this morning when I turned the scanner on. The same thing happened on the last firmware update also....The scanner doesn't update itself, until the following day....Weird !!

DataSquid

Update applied successfully. My "Business" system in which most of the analog VHF w/CTCSS resides seems to scan slower now. No settings changed. Maybe just my imagination.

I took a stopwatch to it and measured a few scans through the "system" when there was no activity: With Global Auto Filter set to Off: 5s to scan it. With Global Auto Filter set to Wide Invert it was 8s.

So, the new behaviour isn't horrible, but it's noticeable in terms of scan performance when a filter is being used now.

Nothing like Wide Auto, tho, which takes 37s.

Has anyone else noticed this?

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Still get crackling on VHF and UHF, dunno if it’s actually related to the signal or not but only happens if I sit on a particular channel for a while, again if I tune off then go back it goes away for a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.