• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Free phase-ii tdma firmware for all G4/5 coming 8/17/18!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

David628

Premium Subscriber
So they must have taken it down again recently. Because It was up 4 hours ago at which time I was able to log into the updater, updated the firmware then it told me to downloaded the new PPS so I did and it worked like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Where are y'all gettting the firmware update at? I have checked morning, day and night, and still see where it has been removed, not where I can DL it...

Unication USA | Downloads- G4/G5 P25 Voice Pager

Some were able to get the firmware when it was released Friday afternoon. Server issues (and possibly complaints by people that paid for the PII update) caused it to be pulled until further notice. Even if you have the installer file, it doesn't matter because it requires a server connection to work. If you didn't get it done Friday, you have to wait until they decide how they are moving forward with this.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
A few posts above, there are others that stated they had just gotten theirs updated last night....

dough1590

Firmware Update

I again attempted to update my G5 pager several times Monday (8/20) morning around 5am CST using the saved download before Friday's crash. The process logs-in but after about a 20-second delay an error message pops up "Unhandled exception. Array cannot be null. Parameter name: bytes". Anyone else experience this. Am already running firmware version V1.00 which is Phase 2. Just trying to improve performance on an already reliable product.

mdsxfire

EDBM
I again attempted to update my G5 pager several times Monday (8/20) morning around 5am CST using the saved download before Friday's crash. The process logs-in but after about a 20-second delay an error message pops up "Unhandled exception. Array cannot be null. Parameter name: bytes". Anyone else experience this. Am already running firmware version V1.00 which is Phase 2. Just trying to improve performance on an already reliable product.

I am getting the same error message. I preordered my g5 with phase 2 but it doesn’t have the new version of F/W so I don’t know why we are getting this message. I’m going to email my dealer and see what he says

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireplug

Premium Subscriber
G5 updated with no hitches just now. Had remote updater installed from Friday. Accepted password “admin” and thereafter the FW installation very smooth and quickly completed. New PPS download link worked well also and after installation it recognized and imported profile from older PPS which I thereafter deleted (but saved elsewhere). All worked well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Updated my G4 and G5 around 0100 CDT with no issues. Whole process took about 10 minutes for each device. Audio is definitely cleaner with the new firmware update. Only thing that seems to be off is when certain consoles/units transmit, the devices display random RIDs instead of their usual, assigned ID numbers. Not a huge deal, but I hope it gets ironed out.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Ok.... Getting back to the main issue...

Do I contact my dealer to get this update, or would I be wasting my time? I already have 2 G5's with Phase2, I just want to see if (possibly) the Harris "65XXX" "patch" has improved, among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.