Garland Trunked System Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drake1731

So far, I was listening on Mesquite, the dispatcher went on all the Talk Channels and TAC Channel and said "All units, take your traffic to North, the talk channels will be out. Tactical will be on Information." I was confused for a minute, then realized that they are joining with Garlands System, I'm not sure what they are doing with the talk/tac channels. Another person told me they were not begining the construction of the site until a bit after 2016 begins. I believe Lindsay said that in a previous thread, but don't hold me accountable for that. Also, what will I get to do with my scanner page? If it's 'encrypted' as said, then what? Lol. I programmed my XTS3000R Garland, Rowlett, Sachse, Dallas & Mesquite, but once they get the site setup, I will only have Dallas to listen too, which has rarely any traffic on the 800mhz System. Also, a big thanks to nd5y for letting me know the update on CAPRAD with the new frequencies for the new Garland-Mesquite System. Off topic here for a sec, does anyone know of an auction place that auctions off radios? I was wondering since Garland is upgrading, and I'm not sure if their radios will cover the new system, since it's now 700, where they would auction off their radios to If they would. I'm just looking for a place that people auction off cheap radio equipment.

nd5y

Off topic here for a sec, does anyone know of an auction place that auctions off radios? I was wondering since Garland is upgrading, and I'm not sure if their radios will cover the new system, since it's now 700, where they would auction off their radios to If they would. I'm just looking for a place that people auction off cheap radio equipment.

Look for bids, budgets, auction notices, council meeting agendas and minutes on the city web sites. They might specify what happens to the old equipment. They might give it all to the vendor installing the new equipment instead of selling it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.