Status
Not open for further replies.

19dsniper

Trying to get Gatesville FD again.

I ran across a new feed that gatesville FD is transmitting from their station. It is saying that they are working on 155.820 P-25 operations. So I'm kinda back to square one with this one. I will be going back again and trying the original $101, $000, and $F7E and i will hopefully be able to find one of these that works. I will report back when i find something out. If anyone else has found out anymore, please let me know. Gatesville PD is still working encrypted. If someone knows otherwise, please let me know.

Also, off topic, but I'm trying to find someone in this area that can help me with some of my radios. I am running Astro Sabers and EFJ 5100. Im looking to add either encryption or something a little more secure. Right now I'm running P25 as it at least cuts down on most everyone else, except for those with scanners. Im trying to set up radios for secure coms between my family and extended family in town.

Thanks for everyones help.
I will keep this updated.

19dsniper

UPDATED now have GVFD

GVFD is now back on line. Im not sure how long they have been back up, seeing how i gave up on them some months ago. They are now operating on 155.8200 with an NAC of 0. Im guessing that $F7E isn't receive all on my radio. I tried $101, $F7E, and $0. The only one that worked for me was $0. Yours may be different. They did a MasCas Drill this morning. Im sure they are still using some sort of internal channel between ground crews and the trucks because once they were on scene the only traffic i could hear was GV EMS and the little bit of traffic from the chief back to dispatch. I would love to find out what their internal channel is between the trucks and the ground guys, but i have a feeling that one may be harder to find. Im guessing they are using some sort of simplex channel. I should have been able to find it though because their drill location was less than a mile away and i didn't find anything. Im sure its P25, but it may be encrypted. The chief confirmed this morning that GVPD is operating Encrypted. They have been having trouble with their radios and he mentioned that one of the radios wasn't encrypted yet because they forgot to do one of them.

Well there it is. I know this is old and I'm not trying to resurrect this from the dead, but i did promise an update if i found out more information. If anyone knows what their internal channel is, please update this page with more info.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
GVFD is now back on line. Im not sure how long they have been back up, seeing how i gave up on them some months ago. They are now operating on 155.8200 with an NAC of 0. Im guessing that $F7E isn't receive all on my radio. I tried $101, $F7E, and $0. The only one that worked for me was $0. Yours may be different. They did a MasCas Drill this morning. Im sure they are still using some sort of internal channel between ground crews and the trucks because once they were on scene the only traffic i could hear was GV EMS and the little bit of traffic from the chief back to dispatch. I would love to find out what their internal channel is between the trucks and the ground guys, but i have a feeling that one may be harder to find. Im guessing they are using some sort of simplex channel. I should have been able to find it though because their drill location was less than a mile away and i didn't find anything. Im sure its P25, but it may be encrypted. The chief confirmed this morning that GVPD is operating Encrypted. They have been having trouble with their radios and he mentioned that one of the radios wasn't encrypted yet because they forgot to do one of them.

Well there it is. I know this is old and I'm not trying to resurrect this from the dead, but i did promise an update if i found out more information. If anyone knows what their internal channel is, please update this page with more info.
There are a number of frequencies assigned to Gateville that are not shown on the database page.
Texas Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Whether any of these are in use for fireground or not, I wouldn't know, and am too far away to help identify usage.

Be sure and submit 158.82 as a corrected Fire channel. As far as fireground is concerned, even though they are are a mile or so away, simplex might still be out of range. Dallas Fire Rescue also uses simplex fireground channels (on Uhf). Even with an active working structure fire maybe a half mile, at most, from my house, fireground was very erratic, only getting parts of the transmissions. (The location was on the other side of a slight hill from me, but this was also using a roof mounted external antenna).

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber

Weird coincidence...........I was driving through Gatesville when I received this.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
Encrypted

I am curious as to why a town of nearly 16,000 need to have their Police Department encrypted?

bpckty1

Perhaps because of its governmental neighbors, both Ft. Hood and the state prison system. If anything goes wrong, say a prison escape, they want to keep their operations secret while trying to catch the runaways. And, as far as Ft. Hood, to help keep the bad guys out, and not telling them where the PD is searching. IMHO

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps because of its governmental neighbors, both Ft. Hood and the state prison system. If anything goes wrong, say a prison escape, they want to keep their operations secret while trying to catch the runaways. And, as far as Ft. Hood, to help keep the bad guys out, and not telling them where the PD is searching. IMHO

What other agency in the area that is encrypt?

bpckty1

TexScan780D said: What other agency in the area that is encrypt?

I don't live in the area, so I cannot comment other than there are some Ft. Hood TGs that are encrypted, LCRA Opensky is basically unscannable, so is de facto encrypted, and there is no info on the new Bell County P25 TRS, so, who knows at this time, and, course, their neighbor, Williamson County has a lot of encrypted talkgroups..

But, as the older systems wear out and there are no new parts to fix the radios, the agencies buy what is offered by the vendors. And, encryption is an inexpensive option during installation, Plus, as stated in my earlier post, the neighbors might have some activities that need to be "protected". Too bad many agencies choose pure encryption, instead of clear on primary and encrypted on certain sensitive tac channels/tgs.

Ensnared

On The Ground

I worked in the Texas prison system from 1987 to 2009. Most of my time was spent on farms near Houston, Texas where the co-existence of LE and TDCJ-ID was fine without any encryption whatsoever. I encountered many "on the ground" situations where an offender has escaped, particularly around the Darrington & former Ramsey Units.

I will stick my my previous statement about the immaturity of elected/hired GatesOfHell first responders who have possess the emotional maturity of a four-year old. "I'm going to take my toys and encrypt them." I know of no TDCJ frequencies that have been encrypted throughout their large system. Offenders have been apprehended just fine without encryption. Most offender do some of the stupidest things to get caught, even after elaborate planning. Internal Affairs has their number. Yes, the pinheads tend to always visit mom on their flight from justice. IA is usually waiting on them.

I distinctly remember one on the ground near Darrington. TDCJ-ID established a perimeter; however, all guns were removed from the officers. Why? Prior to the escape, an officer shot a local rancher's cow.

In one of their escape, TDCJ had a DEA Black Hawk at their disposal. The offender-trained bloodhounds were of no use in finding this offender. They ran the TDCJ dogs through a wrecking yard. Guess who ended up finding the escaped idiots? It was the junkyard dog who had them cornered. Of course, this was not reflected on the news, inside information.

Here is an amusing account of one such escape. The Running Man - Breakout Episode - National Geographic Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.