Greene County NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Greene County NY is NO longer dispatching/Alerting on 46.14, ONLY on 155.895. Fire comms will continue on 46.14 until the Highband stuff is all in place.

KC2zZe

MFR465, don't be so quick to make that decision. I keep telling all my colleagues who are looking forward to the activation of CoRNet in Orange and being able to remove the VHF-low band radio once 46.160 is shut down, that NYFire22, NYFire30, and LFire4D aren't going anywhere. I recall, particularly during Superstorm Sandy, when Orange fire units were deployed out to Long Island, that the only common platform that existed among all the departments' mobile radios was good old low band.

N2YQT

Ambulance Driver
Premium Subscriber
In Warren County, when they replaced 33.90 with a high band frequency all the low<->high crossbands were taken down. They made an excellent backup link. The north could talk to the south through Chestertown and Bay Ridge crossbands.

onsceno

MFR465, don't be so quick to make that decision. I keep telling all my colleagues who are looking forward to the activation of CoRNet in Orange and being able to remove the VHF-low band radio once 46.160 is shut down, that NYFire22, NYFire30, and LFire4D aren't going anywhere. I recall, particularly during Superstorm Sandy, when Orange fire units were deployed out to Long Island, that the only common platform that existed among all the departments' mobile radios was good old low band.

Sorry for the delay, been off the grid lately. Not sure which decision you're referring to... I understand the pros of low band and would just enjoy being able to decrease the cache a bit. When the time comes, I will certainly miss the Utsy tower on 46.06 being heard at home here.

Last edited:

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Since Central Hudson and NYS DOT are not moving from Low band any time soon i'll keep my low band radios.....And also some of the greene county depts wont be removing them either. When the mother ship stops hearing them will make a perfect set up for parade comms or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.