Greetings and frequency question

Trenchdigger

Premium Subscriber
Hello!

I'm completely new to scanning, but excited to learn and have fun.

To get me going, I have a BCD325P2. It's working great, and I've been using FreeScan to program it. I'm able to get transmissions from a 30 mile radius around the Wilmington VT area, including VSP, Bennington FD, and Mount Snow.

However, I am not able to locate any frequencies on RR.com for Wilmington PD or FD. Does anyone know where I may find that information? Google searching has given me some info, but my confidence is low on how accurate it is.

I also have questions about antennas, but I'll hold off on those pending more research on the subject.

Anyway, thanks in advance, and happy scanning.

n1nte

Wilmington, like many of the small southern VT towns are dispatched by the Southwest NH District Fire Mutual Aid.

Wilmington is also licensed for various other frequencies, presumably EMS, and other town services.

ecps92

Hello!

I'm completely new to scanning, but excited to learn and have fun.

To get me going, I have a BCD325P2. It's working great, and I've been using FreeScan to program it. I'm able to get transmissions from a 30 mile radius around the Wilmington VT area, including VSP, Bennington FD, and Mount Snow.

However, I am not able to locate any frequencies on RR.com for Wilmington PD or FD. Does anyone know where I may find that information? Google searching has given me some info, but my confidence is low on how accurate it is.

I also have questions about antennas, but I'll hold off on those pending more research on the subject.

Anyway, thanks in advance, and happy scanning.
As N1NTE pointed out, the Fire is thru SWNH

Your PD would likely be handled thru the VTSP or the Cnty SO

Your EMS was Londonderry, might have changed

and your DPW/Town channel
note that many FD/PD share the town channels in NH/VT - YMMV for Wilmington

Welcome to the Hobby and keep searching the RRDB and Wiki and other resources, for many regions it is tough to narrow
down who dispatches for whom, especially when they cover a wide area and Dispatch is not even in VT (SWNH, Hanover/Twin State)

Trenchdigger

Premium Subscriber
Wow. Thank you! That's a lot of great information ... I've been sifting through it and have a way to go yet.

Already I've used the information and updated my scanner to include frequencies I hadn't considered, and I am receiving new signals.

I'll dive deeper into the Wikis to see how I can improve my "setup". :)

Blackink

Wow. Thank you! That's a lot of great information ... I've been sifting through it and have a way to go yet.

Already I've used the information and updated my scanner to include frequencies I hadn't considered, and I am receiving new signals.

I'll dive deeper into the Wikis to see how I can improve my "setup". :)
Enjoy your new scanner.....