hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The license expired
154.325156.045WPVR897RM79.7 PLGrimes Fire DispFire DispatchFMNFire
But I talked to a firefighter friend and they still use pagers

And I'm not hearing anything on the frequency above

So anyone know the frequency?
That license is expired, and I don't see a new license, for your county, that includes that frequency.

Looking at TxWARN, there are a couple of talkgroups for EMS & Fire. The Fire TGID is noted as 'patched to 154.325'. However, that might no longer be correct. Have you tried programming 154.325 as either 'digital;, and set to search for a NAC, or programmed as 'all', which would receive both analog & digital.
From TxWARN:
Grimes.jpg

wpwx694

No I haven't, I wonder if they changed the call sign, but they kept the old frequency.
My friend just said nothing has changed on the frequency for pager.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
No I haven't, I wonder if they changed the call sign, but they kept the old frequency.
My friend just said nothing has changed on the frequency for pager.
Currently, there is not a valid FCC license in Grimes County for 154.325.

Of course, this is far from the first time that someone is using a frequency whose license is expired or canceled. Here locally (the DFW area), the license for Lancaster's NXDN system expired last fall, but they were still using it up to a couple of months ago when they migrated to the regional system, NTIRN. Currently, even though Lancaster has moved to NTIRN, and not using the NXDN system at all, that system still has it's control channel active.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Do you think they will renew it, since they are still using pagers
I don't know honestly, I haven't lived there in 13 years. Just browsing their licenses, Navasota Fire and Grimes SO renewed their licenses in early 2023, but the county fire association did not. It's possible that they may move paging to 154.800 in the future if they don't renew. Obviously you said they are still using 154.325 currently so just keep listening, maybe they will renew the license after all.