Help with Uniden BC296D and GO Transit

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3RADIO

Hi Guys,

I cant for the life of me get the 296D to trunk the following system:

Metrolinx - GO Transit Trunking System, Golden Horseshoe Area, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

I realize this is probably due to the offset being maxed out of the 296D in 752 range.. The offset for this system is 8192 and the base frequency is 380 with a 12.5 spacing. Is there any way to trick the scanner in to letting me trunk the system? It would really suck to have a 9600 baud scanner that cant track the system due to a software/firmware limitation! I heard some guys in OHIO did this for a system out that way.. if so could somone tell me what settings i should put in.

P.S. I have updated the firmware to most current.

Regards,

Matt

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
What do you mean 'in 752 range'? That's very unclear

When you programmed this system, did you program it as a P25 system? If so, it should pick up the necessary offsets from the control channel, or so I thought?? The PRO-96 and 2096 might need this information to be put in manually...

best regards..Mike

VE3RADIO

What do you mean 'in 752 range'? That's very unclear

When you programmed this system, did you program it as a P25 system? If so, it should pick up the necessary offsets from the control channel, or so I thought?? The PRO-96 and 2096 might need this information to be put in manually...

best regards..Mike

The scanner wont take an offset any higher than 752, when anything higher than 752 is entered it says ERROR. The offset for GO Transit is 8192, see the problem. This information at one time was broadcast by the control channel, however it is no longer broadcasting the bandplan and is required to be entered manually.

Im looking to trick it in to working the system even tho the offset is higher than the max.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Pretty sure the 296/796 will not trunk anything other then an 800Mhz P25 system.

I think you're out of luck listening to GO.

Last time I checked, the system was still sending out the bandplans over the control channels.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Checked today and yes, the system is transmitting the band plan.

However, I don't believe the 296 will use it and I think it's also limited to the range of channels in a typical Motorola Type 2 system which as you've found, comes nowhere close to the offset that the GO system requires.

gary123

try setting the first offset (assuming base 408.000) to 796 then the second to base freq 409.950 plus the highest offest then calculate the third offset and do the same. Cant guarentee this will work but its worth trying. leave the scanner in Id search.

This might be better moving to the Ontario forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.