Herkimer County

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
Sorry about that guys.. yes, I typed the frequency out wrong on the forum. As k2hz mentioned, should be 154.0925

I am not sure if 155.880 will replace 154.205 @ the north end of the county (Old Forge) or if this is just an additional repeater for operations/tac. Anyone up that way have any insight ??

k2hz

Database Admin
that's what i like to know where
@studgeman replied a few posts later - the conventional Law and Fire in the southern park of Herkimer County are now simulcast and said: "Frequencies are still the same, unless you have a keen ear you wouldn't notice the change."

KE2BJW

KE2BJW
@studgeman replied a few posts later - the conventional Law and Fire in the southern park of Herkimer County are now simulcast and said: "Frequencies are still the same, unless you have a keen ear you wouldn't notice the change."

So Herkimer Ny does have Simulcasting Analog correct because there isn't no sign of digtal of P25 system in Herkimer as of right now.I am just confused on his information and i still don't even have that information yet.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If you live in the southern part of the county and are scanning 911 MRD and Fire Control, then you're already listening to the simulcasts. It's that simple.

KE2BJW

KE2BJW
If you live in the southern part of the county and are scanning 911 MRD and Fire Control, then you're already listening to the simulcasts. It's that simple.

Wow that's cool probably because it being analog you won't notice any difference

k2hz

Database Admin
While "simulcast" is common with P25, and is a major issue for scanners, conventional analog systems can also use simulcast. It means that there are multiple transmitters operating simultaneously on the same frequency to enhance coverage.

Conventional analog simulcast also uses "receiver voting" technology to enhance system reception of the mobile units. Each transmitter site receiver audio goes to a "voting comparator" and the best quality audio is what is retransmitted.

The downside of analog simulcast is it can cause some audio distortion at a location where signals from more than one transmitter site are out of phase and about the same strength. But, unlike P25 in a radio not designed to handle LSM, the effect on analog signals is usually only a slightly distorted or raspy sound in the audio that is usually not a problem.

IFRIED91

Arrive alive
Premium Subscriber
While "simulcast" is common with P25, and is a major issue for scanners, conventional analog systems can also use simulcast. It means that there are multiple transmitters operating simultaneously on the same frequency to enhance coverage.

Conventional analog simulcast also uses "receiver voting" technology to enhance system reception of the mobile units. Each transmitter site receiver audio goes to a "voting comparator" and the best quality audio is what is retransmitted.

The downside of analog simulcast is it can cause some audio distortion at a location where signals from more than one transmitter site are out of phase and about the same strength. But, unlike P25 in a radio not designed to handle LSM, the effect on analog signals is usually only a slightly distorted or raspy sound in the audio that is usually not a problem.
Ugh 😣 reading this reminds me of the NYPD CW2 patch for Metro25… it’s been silent lately; almost 99.7% certain due to NYSP troop nyc’s Motorola apx8000 radios having all precincts including the real CW2 freq programmed

k2hz

Database Admin
what is the freq or control channel for this system please
All interoperability channels are conventional. Herkimer has them in all bands as do most other counties but you are unlikely to hear any activity unless there is a major event requiring assistance from outside agencies.

Last edited:

KE2BJW

KE2BJW
wow so most won't be active but would be nice to find a way to find them just in case but it be hard to add all that in

Last edited:

k2hz

Database Admin
@Jasonr80 click on the link in the above post on interop scanner frequencies and load them. I'll be honest I doubt you'll ever hear Herkimer on any of the 700mhz channels.
I agree very unlikely you will ever hear any activity. If there is an incident that requires the Interop channels it may be patched to regular County channels. But, I suggest you create a new Favorite for Interop and import the Interop frequencies from the DB for quick access if there is a situation where they may be active.

KE2BJW

KE2BJW
so now we learned that they expand the coverage and added in national interop with P25 and 911 has already link to that system and it's now been all simulcast put in this system and there starting to build more tower's all around the County and more out to the north of Adirondacks and so on but when is 911 actually going to use the digtal P25 system sense they already have the radios and already have most of the radio towers put in and upgraded so will will they turn on the digtal system sense they already have it all in place how come they have not already have this system on yet as it makes no sense of having all this equipment already installed and ready and it isn't even on and I do understand it takes time but they already have the national interop system complete so why not have the rest of it on.