• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

How can I know the Address of my Pagers?

Lup1n

Hello, they gave me 2 pagers, a Motorola GoldLine and an Advisor, in neither of them can I see the Address, I would like to be able to send a message with my SDR equipment, but I don't see it anywhere, at a hacking convention there was a pager that had his address written and we were able to send a message

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-07 at 7.47.41 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-11-07 at 7.47.28 PM.jpeg

a417

if you want to hack, you need to learn how to research. Full stop.

It's more than just jumping on a message board and asking someone to handhold you. I'll be willing to bet with the information on the back of those devices, and the power of the Googler, you can figure out what you need.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin

It's more than just jumping on a message board and asking someone to handhold you. I'll be willing to bet with the information on the back of those devices, and the power of the Googler, you can figure out what you need.
Aww, where's the fun in learning something on your own?!? Besides, our time is less valuable than others, obviously. Fear not, some hero will probably come along with a spoon, we have a few of those around here. 😂

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
SPOON FEED ME. SPOON FEED ME. Not.
This really isn't that hard if one has an old pager test set like a Ramsey APTS-3000. I remember when these were being tossed out about 15 years ago, they were practically free. Now you'll pay some coin for one:

Lup1n

si quieres hackear, necesitas aprender a investigar. Parada completa.

Es más que simplemente saltar en un tablero de mensajes y pedirle a alguien que te lleve. Estaré dispuesto a apostar con la información en la parte posterior de esos dispositivos, y el poder del Googler, puede averiguar lo que necesita.
Solo quiero intentar enviar un mensaje Solo quiero intentar enviar Solo quiero probar Solo quiero a Sólo WhoSólo Sí

I just want to play with the pagers to send a message, but I can't find information online that's why I turned here, maybe you had some guide on how I can find out the address,Or change it with a USB TTL

wtp

s-l500.jpg

i do not know if the batter door has what you want or if it is just a serial number.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hello, they gave me 2 pagers, a Motorola GoldLine and an Advisor, in neither of them can I see the Address, I would like to be able to send a message with my SDR equipment, but I don't see it anywhere, at a hacking convention there was a pager that had his address written and we were able to send a message

You need to first find the frequency of the pager, and then find the cap code. SDR+ and your SDR can help with both the frequency and cap code using a POCSAG plugin, assuming the message isn't encrypted. You can probably google the model number to help narrow down the band, VHF, UHF or 900 MHz. There is no easy way, it will take time and research on your part. Good luck!

WB5UOM

Premium Subscriber
Ok I will bite, tell me how Sdr+ and a pocsag plugin gonna tell you the frequency and capcode of the pager..
if its not active on any system?

Reactions: fog

WB5UOM

Premium Subscriber
my money says a 20 year old advisor is not active on whats left of Skytell that was aquired by AMS... same for the other old clunker.

a417

my money says a 20 year old advisor is not active on whats left of Skytell that was aquired by AMS... same for the other old clunker.
The infrastructure likely isn't there, but the OP did mention they had SDR hardware - so they might just be trying to transmit locally and recieve it.

WB5UOM

Premium Subscriber
I agreee, that last post was in response to RalieghGuy saying the OP never said they wernt active on a system.
Still waiting with baited breath to see how they intend to find the Capcode and other pertinent info needed to make it go off with only Sdr+ and a pocsag plugin...
Even knowing the CC isnt going to guarentee a readable message

Lup1n

s-l500.jpg

i do not know if the batter door has what you want or if it is just a serial number.
Hello, as far as I saw it is just a serial number, the address is 7 digits as I saw

La
You need to first find the frequency of the pager, and then find the cap code. SDR+ and your SDR can help with both the frequency and cap code using a POCSAG plugin, assuming the message isn't encrypted. You can probably google the model number to help narrow down the band, VHF, UHF or 900 MHz. There is no easy way, it will take time and research on your part. Good luck!
I have the frequency of the gold line, I don't see the frequency of the advisor, regarding the address, I can't find it for the goldline and I think I found it for the advisor but I'm not sure...

Ok I will bite, tell me how Sdr+ and a pocsag plugin gonna tell you the frequency and capcode of the pager..
if its not active on any system?
Exactly, it is not on any system, I want to do it locally only

I agreee, that last post was in response to RalieghGuy saying the OP never said they wernt active on a system.
Still waiting with baited breath to see how they intend to find the Capcode and other pertinent info needed to make it go off with only Sdr+ and a pocsag plugin...
Even knowing the CC isnt going to guarentee a readable message
Exactly, it's not on any system, I want to do everything locally, I have a hackrf one with the porta pack, it has POCSAG, but I need the frequency (in goldline I have it) and the 7-digit address (in advisor I think I have it), But in advisor I think I only have the address and I don't have the frequency, and in goldline I have the frequency but not the address

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Exactly, it's not on any system, I want to do everything locally,

If it is not on a system my response does not apply in this case. The only way I know of finding the address (Cap code) of a pager not on a system is to get the programming software and look at what was programmed.