SDS100/SDS200: How can I play my SDS100 audio through my 2023 Tahoe radio

l003sgh

I want to play my SDS100 audio through the Tahoe's speakers. There is no audio jack on the Tahoe. Has anyone found a way to do this? Can I get a bluetooth transmitter and plug it into the headphone jack on the SDS100 and then pair that somehow with the Tahoe's radio?

Enforcer52

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Going the Bluetooth route will save you the expense of an amplified external speaker… or not… I have found I wanted to listen to both the stereo radio and the scanner at the same time.

Although years ago, I had a home built device that jacked the scanner audio into the car’s stereo systems speakers and when squelch circuit opened up on the scanner it would mute the stereo, allowing the scanner audio to take over. After the scanner shut up the stereo radio audio would come back. Anyone got the schematic for that? All I have left of the circuitry is a transformer.

murphcc1

Premium Subscriber
I was playing my SDS100 though the 3.5 mm plug, the problem I had was the HUM in the background from the radio, was told it was some data being sent along with voice. got to be too much and went with just the radio alone, the HUM was getting to be a pain. I didnt hear it on the radio by itself, ONLY when amplified through the car stereo.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
I was playing my SDS100 though the 3.5 mm plug, the problem I had was the HUM in the background from the radio, was told it was some data being sent along with voice. got to be too much and went with just the radio alone, the HUM was getting to be a pain. I didnt hear it on the radio by itself, ONLY when amplified through the car stereo.
That sounds like a Ground Loop issue...
A ground loop isolator in the 3.5mm audio feed line should have taken care of that...

pyeman99

Be careful. There was a warning about connecting vehicle earth to speaker output of the SDS200 as it uses a bridged output amp.
I use an isolating transformer. To plug into the car aux audio input.
Yes Bluetooth is the safest way to go.

ems55

Premium Subscriber
I want to play my SDS100 audio through the Tahoe's speakers. There is no audio jack on the Tahoe. Has anyone found a way to do this? Can I get a bluetooth transmitter and plug it into the headphone jack on the SDS100 and then pair that somehow with the Tahoe's radio?
Hi, I have a 2021 Sierra. I run a cable from my radio/scanner headphone/speaker jack to the AUX jack in my truck. On the truck's screen , I choose audio then AUX. this plays the audio from the radio/ scanner on my truck's audio. Only thing I have to turn my truck's volume up to about 50% . Works only when truck is running. When doing this there is NO radio/stereo ! Does not please the XYL !!!!

l003sgh

So I tried the Bluetooth option and the Tahoe gives a message saying "incompatible device" when trying to pair with the device. I then tried the USB to 3.5mm headphone jack option, but the Tahoe gives a message saying "no USB device connected". I'm at a loss now of what to try. Seems there is no way to make this work. Looks like the Bluetooth option is just for paring phones? I saw some youtube videos of people using the UCB port to play music from, but not using a USB/3.5mm cable. This is a 2023 Tahoe and there is no 3.5mm/AUX port available. Anyone with a 2023 Tahoe have any luck with something like this?

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
So I tried the Bluetooth option and the Tahoe gives a message saying "incompatible device" when trying to pair with the device. I then tried the USB to 3.5mm headphone jack option, but the Tahoe gives a message saying "no USB device connected". I'm at a loss now of what to try. Seems there is no way to make this work. Looks like the Bluetooth option is just for paring phones? I saw some youtube videos of people using the UCB port to play music from, but not using a USB/3.5mm cable. This is a 2023 Tahoe and there is no 3.5mm/AUX port available. Anyone with a 2023 Tahoe have any luck with something like this?
Might look into one of these units... You can tune your Tahoe radio to an unused frequency to recieve it...

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
2023 Tahoe manual says the radio should have usb port for playing audio media. You can try a 3.5mm male audio to usb cable like I did on one of my vehicles and it works great.

How does that work? I didn't know USB had analog audio lines, I thought audio was via data on USB...but I could be wrong.

N9JIG

Sheriff
How does that work? I didn't know USB had analog audio lines, I thought audio was via data on USB...but I could be wrong.
They have a USB port that you can plug in an iPod, smartphone or even a thumb drive. It works by playing music files in several formats but would not work as Enforcer52 suggests.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
They have a USB port that you can plug in an iPod, smartphone or even a thumb drive. It works by playing music files in several formats but would not work as Enforcer52 suggests.
I understood how USB ports in vehicles work, I was curious how this specific device could work as I was sure it couldn't.

Enforcer52

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Then why does it work in my vehicle?????????? Guess a different model radio system than GM. On mine I can choose MP3 or Aux input on the usb port.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Then why does it work in my vehicle?????????? Guess a different model radio system than GM. On mine I can choose MP3 or Aux input on the usb port.
You must have something different. The notes for the cable you mentioned state:
This USB 2.0 male to 3.5mm audio jack cable allows you to safely power, charge your device and synchronize and download files at the same time. Note: It is not audio cable, can't transmit sound.

l003sgh

appreciate all the input...seems I'm just screwed on this one. Something so simple and Chevy has made it impossible. I may research the FM transmitter option, but I have used one of those in the past and the audio was terrible....maybe they have improved them though.