HP1 Extreme - Problem with P25 control channels during Limit Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

The frequency not changing is the only indication when the HP1 stops on a P25 control channel during a limit search. The audio is muted since it is trying to decode P25 Audio. The HP1 appears to only display the NAC when there is actual audio.

The lack of feedback on P25 control channels limits the usefulness of the search. I have to assume it is a P25 control channel when the search stops with muted audio. I liked the display on the older Uniden scanners where it put up a DAT indication when receiving P25 control channels. I tend to notice added text information more than the frequency display not changing, so it may take a couple of minutes before I notice the search has stopped.

It would be even better if the basic WACN, SysID, Region, and Site information are displayed. I know it is available in the Trunked System Analysis, but that takes some work if I am traveling mobile in another area. I have to manually create a new system and site in a favorites list, use that favorites list, then select the new system.

It would be even better if basic site information for Motorola, LTR, and EDACS systems are decoded as well.

73 Eric

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
You and me both, sir. I would love for it to work the same way the XT's limit search does when CC is enabled... if it discovers a CC, have it display the system parameters.

While we're wishing for things that we may not ever see, I'd also like a button on that same screen that lets you save that "found" trunk channel as a new system or site in an existing system. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.