• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT 1250 QCII issue

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
Hi all, I have a new issue with my 1250. I have a QCII system for my FD dispatch and it's on a scan, but I want to also hear the operations frequency and when I set the auto reset timer for 1 second, it doesn't switch back after 1 second of no one transmitting. Anyone know why?

a417

Hi all, I have a new issue with my 1250. I have a QCII system for my FD dispatch and it's on a scan, but I want to also hear the operations frequency and when I set the auto reset timer for 1 second, it doesn't switch back after 1 second of no one transmitting. Anyone know why?
Don't use QCII with scan.

Last edited:

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
I’m not. My department has mutual aid with 2 other close departments so I setup the dispatch to be open, but receive an alert when our tones go out.

Based off that info, how can I get it to auto reset

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Your radio is alerting to the tones OK? What is the Auto Reset Timer Type set as under QC II System?

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
Your radio is alerting to the tones OK? What is the Auto Reset Timer Type set as under QC II System?
Radio alerts fine to the tones. For auto reset timer, i assume it's under signalling configuration, and it's at 1 second

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
OK, if your timer is 1 sec and the type is what is in my pretty picture then once a quick call is received the radio will do what you have set it up to do (flash led, unmute speaker, send beeps, stuff like that). Once the 1 second timer expires then the radio will reset all those conditions no matter what.

So what are you experiencing?

You are scanning at least two different channels? And when it lands on dispatch and alerts to a QC II it will not reset and revert back to scan so you can hear the operational frequency?

I’m not. My department has mutual aid with 2 other close departments so I setup the dispatch to be open, but receive an alert when our tones go out.

Based off that info, how can I get it to auto reset

Now you are saying you are not scanning. Your dispatch and the other two departments all share the same channel? You want to have an open channel to monitor all traffic but have the radio alert to your dispatch tone? If that is the case what are you expecting the reset to do? To reset back to an open channel to monitor is the same as not resetting.

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
Ok here is what mine is.

Dispatch frequency alerts for my department, and 2 others on the same frequency. I have the scan enabled for dispatch, operations, and one other close by departments dispatch and ops.

Usually, I keep my channel selector on the dispatch without any muting, but will still have my selective call alert tones go off. Usually, dispatch repeats the message on the ops frequency for any radio not on dispatch.

If this helps, I'm in woodmere NY. for the 3rd battalion.

they will say, "230 for the woodmere FD with a signal 9 (Med call) at whatever adress". then they go to the ops channel, and say the same thing, and acknolweges any units already respondin.

it's a one second break so i don't see how my radio isn't working for what i want, especially after you say it's good.

Maybe you can take a look at my codeplug and help?

a417

I think you're confusing us with what you're trying to explain. You're trying to get QCII alerts (not muting), and you want it to (almost) immediately jump over and catch the same transmission on your ops frequency? It sounds to me that you are doing what exactly what I suggested not to do in post #2.

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
It’s a delay, and I don’t need the auto reset timer so long so I only set it to one second. When it alerts, it seems to stay on and not shut off no matter what

K2NEC

Once again, OP has no idea what he is talking about. Use the radio issued by your department or buy a scanner or be able to explain the problem in a manner that people can help you. We can't play guessing games to try and solve a problem that you are explaining poorly.

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
I gave a clear example. The radio is not resetting the timer. It’s staying on for longer than I programmed it to be only for a second. Maybe someone can take a look at the code plug and help me figure it out

Last edited by a moderator:

a417

This is a perfect description of my issue. Any ideas?
Do you use the help files with the CPS?
I think your understanding of some of the settings is making it right in your head, but not right for percieved functionality. I'll attach two screenshots for you, one of the alert auto reset type and one of a conventional personality signalling squelch page set for OR.
artt2.JPG

This means it will unmute for voice call (this one was PL, could be CSQ if you wanted to just hear the channel). By setting the Sig Squelch to OR, it will alert to QCII and give you any voice that meets the PL criteria. This might make your quest easier.

signallingor.JPG

I've also noted you don't have the Alert Tone Auto Reset enabled, is this intentional?

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
Both pictures of what you have I have set. I also do have the alert tone auto rest enabled. Again, maybe if someone could take a look at my codeplug, that might help