Is SDR# the only package supporting CTCSS tone decoding?

kbroderick

I finally got around to sitting down with my RTL-SDR and my computer and doing some beyond-initial setup attempts. I'm realizing that it's going to be really tough to get the setup dialed for the primary system I want to monitor unless I can use CTCSS decoding to control what I actually play and record—there are multiple repeater sites on the same frequency, so getting the gain and squelch cutoff dialed in for all of them despite varying proximity is rather challenging.

Searching, I see that SDRTrunk has an issue open requesting CTCSS decode (and recently got DCS decoding), but SDR# already supports it via plugin. With that said, I'd prefer to avoid Windows (I'm repurposing an old MacBook Air, so installing Windows is possible but would be additional effort). Are there any other packages that currently support CTCSS decode for a traditional (analog) VHF system? I haven't managed to find any via Google, but I'm not sure if that's just my Google-fu falling short on a rather specific question.

merlin

I don't know of any SDR software that doesn't support CTCSS/DCS. SDRTrunk is an add on. You might look for an upgraded version of that.
Seems to work fine on Windows 10.
Setup here is SDR #r with RTL-SDR that by itself decodes CTCSS/DCS. Same with Airspy (SDR#)
Using DSD+FL and no issues.
I yet need to install SDRTrunk so not aware of problematics.