• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Jefferson Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2SWD

I am using my 2m/440 ham radio to receive Jefferson Police (45.80 Lowband) on there link frequency of 453.0625. But I am only receiving the patrol cars and not the base. I am searching 5 mhz higher but I am not hearing anything. If anyone knows what the base link frequency is I would appreciate it. Please don't tell me me to get a scanner or another radio for the car, I don't have the room. Thanks!

N2SWD

Thanks Eric

I did search the database,but I have had no positive results. By the way I am working part time for the PD-Andy

robbinsj2

Are you sure that the dispatcher is linked in to the system with a relay?

There are a couple local (to me) towns which use UHF relays for multiple satellite receivers on the high-band repeater input frequency. There is only one repeater/transmitter, though, which is either located at the dispatch center or connected with dispatch via phone lines or microwave. Thus you would only hear the dispatcher on the link channel(s) if he/she is using a regular radio instead of a console.

Jim

SCPD

N2SWD said:
I did search the database,but I have had no positive results. By the way I am working part time for the PD-Andy

Who's Eric?

I don't know what to tell you except to maybe close call if you have a scanner that does that. I know for a fact that Mount Olive does the same thing. They use a UHF link from the municipal bldg to the repeater on top of Rt.46 in Budd Lake. I guess the advantage to this is not having to erect a tower at town hall. MO only uses a small antenna on the roof.

Jefferson has that big tower at town hall. I don't know why they would need to use a link frequency. When I used to live in Jefferson they we're booming pretty good. I know that they still use the county fireband (46.42) simplex, or at least they used to.

Here's a link to some UHF frequencies. http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseFreqSum.jsp?licKey=1250133

Say hi to Mr. Hinchman and Lt. Wil for me oh and Cpl. Mueller. Not that they probably remember. I just like to drop names. Brian Christie too.

I forgot to give a shout out to Bob Haffner and Don Wyrecza.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.