Lafayette Receiver Model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

novascotian

I had the VHF high equivalent of the Micro P-50.... called the P-100. Brings back memories as it was my first radio actually built to receive VHF. I was thrilled to buy this in Seattle back in the 70's and move up from my multiband portable radio that had VHF as an add-on to shortwave bands and AM and FM broadcast. I never did use the crystal sockets due to the fact that I live in Canada and back then I don't think there were any lists of frequencies and that was long before the computer and the internet, so I just twiddled the dial and picked up whatever I stumbled on. Not much better than the multi-band but at least it had squelch which was a huge improvement.

This brings back great memories.. Now that I am thinking about this, I recall that maybe somewhere in between or around this time I also had something called a Tunaverter that somehow added on to another radio, can't recall just what, to receive desired frequencies. I hadn't thought of that in decades. Here is a link for the converter: http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/tompkins_tunaverter_1564.html

Thanks for reviving the memories!!!

Last edited:

ronhl

Fond memories going to the Lafayette store, bought my 10 ch crystal Regency there as well as cb radios, s-meters..ect. They made some nice stuff!! My dad had one those original RS Patrolman radio. Basically a transistor radio with a VHF Hi band, NO squelch so lots of static. I believe they made one for UHF band as well. He wasn't too thrilled this time of yr when the Xmas tree blinking lights played havoc on it. lol ����

Status
Not open for further replies.