Log4OM

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

Hope this is the right place for this. My issue is with Log4OM (latest version). My setup is as follow.

7610 connected to laptop via USB cable.
wsjt-x (latest version) has CAT control of the radio
JTAlert (latest version) is integrated to wsjt-x and alerts are working properly.
Log4OM (latest version) is logging properly and it also automatically updates QRZ, LOTW and ClubLog.

In Log4OM's cluster management tool i added VE7CC-1 as the cluster to report the DX spots to. No password is required, only the call sign. Log4OM successfully connects to VE7CC-1 and i can see the DX spots coming in. The problem is that in the main Window when i hit the button to send a spot a window appears with all the info prepopulated in it and all i have to do is click on the green check mark to send the spot. When i do that, nothing happens. No error/confirmation message and i don't see the spot i reported in the cluster window.

Now, i'm sure it worked at some point but for some reason it does not work anymore. I'm starting to doubt myself about it working in the past. My question is does Log4OM need to have CAT control of the for DX sport reporting to work ?

Many thanks
73 de va2fcs

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I have an IC-7610 and I use Log4OM. But, you are delving into advanced uses of the software that I haven't explored.

My engineer brain suggests reducing the complications of WSJT-X and JTAlert. Then see if you can get Log4OM to report spots without the other programs being involved.

If that doesn't work, the Log4OM website does have a support forum. Maybe someone there has an idea.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
I will try to eliminate a few things but I think WSJTX needs to have CAT control of the rig and I suspect that this the problem. When I double click a station in wsjtx to initiate a contact the window in LOG4OM gets populated with all the contact info but as you can see the frequency info is missing because log4om does not have CAT control of the rig. I suspect this is why no spot is sent. In the mean time I'm waiting for the confirmation email from log4om for accessing the forum.

LOG4OM.jpg

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
You can't have two programs in control of the COM port that is connected to the CI-V port of the radio. You'll need port sharing software like com0com or VSPE.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
You can't have two programs in control of the COM port that is connected to the CI-V port of the radio. You'll need port sharing software like com0com or VSPE.

Yep, i think omnirig does that too ?

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
So, i have closed WSJT and JTAlert. I reconfigured Log4OM for CAT control of the rig and i rebooted the laptop. I was able to confirm that Log4OM CAT control is working. No other ham software is running. Unfortunately i still can't send a spot but i do receive them.

I removed VE7CC-1 from the cluster configuration and i added VE3EXI and i have the same problem. VE77CC has an app that you can download to send/receive DX spots. I installed the app and connected to the server succesffuly however even with their app i can't send a spot but i receive them. So the problem does not seem to be in Log4OM. I tried disabling my VPN client but that does not solve the problem. The plot thickens...

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
So while searching for a solution on the internet i saw an article on groups.io. It looks like on many DX cluster software and cluster FT8 and PSK spots a rejected by default and FT8 frequencies are ignored. RTTW/CW spots are allowed by default. The solution to this is the use of 8 commands to be send to the DX cluster depending on why you want to do.

SET/FT8
SET/PSK
SET/NOFT8
SET/NOPSK

SET/CW
SET/RTTY
SET/NOCW
SET/NORTTY

I used the SET/FT8 command and now my spots are being reported