ADIF file editor

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I am currently using LOG4OM as my logging software. The software as a tab in the main windows that shows worked before station (duplicates). For some reason in my case it does not show every duplicates. I know for a fact that my log contains quite a few duplicates. I exported my log in Excel and i was able to find and delete the duplicates. However LOG4OM does not allow to import an Excel file. Do you guys know about:

1- converting an xlsx file to an ADI file or
2- an adif file editor capable of finding duplicate entries and filter them out.

I tried ADIF master but it does not really offer this sort of capability

Many thanks.

de VA2FCS

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
All of the N3FJP logs will open adif / adi files and can find / delete duplicates.
The ARRL's TQSL software that is used with Logbook of the World can also edit ADIF but it is crude with only sequential single record display and no mass select / delete ability.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
It's a nice software but the duplicate feature lacks flexibility. You can't chose the criteria to determine if it's a duplicate or not. It also does not show a list of duplicates it found and how many it found so you can review them before deletion. It does not show you the list of deleted records and how many were deleted.

My goal here is to find If i made multiple contact with the same call sign on the same band on FT8. If there are any i just want to keep the first contact i made and delete the others.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
My goal here is to find If i made multiple contact with the same call sign on the same band on FT8.
I'm not sure it's an issue. I have over 6,000 contacts in my log. Some folks have many more. It's just another record in the database. I'm sure there are some stations with which I've had more than one contact on the same band/mode. BTW, I use Log4OM, too.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
I agree that it's not an issue. It's just the way i want to keep my log. I don't see the point of having multiple contacts with the same callsign on the same band on FT8 but that is just my preference.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
I agree that it's not an issue. It's just the way i want to keep my log. I don't see the point of having multiple contacts with the same callsign on the same band on FT8 but that is just my preference.
In WSJT-X I assume you're already using File > Settings > Colors and have set a color to determine whether a callsign is new for you, and whether new on that band? This will allow you to avoid dupes (unless they're intentional).

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
In WSJT-X I assume you're already using File > Settings > Colors and have set a color to determine whether a callsign is new for you, and whether new on that band? This will allow you to avoid dupes (unless they're intentional).
Yes i do that, but sometime i am contacted by somewhat i already made contact in the past. I answer to them to be polite and unfortunately a forget not to log the contact when i'm prompted.