Looking to test RTL-SDR On My Android

sunwave

Premium Subscriber
I just bought a Moto G Stylus (XT2317DL) (2023). I am really pleased with the phone. It feels like a midrange phone. Very snappy and responsive unlike my previous 40-50 dollar phones. I tried a app called OTG Checker. It said it does. I want a second opinion to find out if anyone on the forums has the same phone that has had any success using RTL-SDR on it.

On a side note. It uses usb-c.

FM Radio built in.

sunwave

Premium Subscriber
Otg usb-c cables arrived. I tried the RTL-SDR Blog v4 in SDRTouch. I can confirm that OTG works on the Moto G Stylus (2023) android smartphone.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Otg usb-c cables arrived. I tried the RTL-SDR Blog v4 in SDRTouch. I can confirm that OTG works on the Moto G Stylus (2023) android smartphone.

Yes that phone works with an SDR, there are a number of apps that are available for the SDR. I only use it if absolutely necessary because it drains the battery quickly.

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
... it's just a matter of time now before someone designs a 3D printed box for that phone that neatly tucks the RTL-SDR and all the cabling inside, and uses the phone for the lid. Hey why not?