BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Loss of scanning of selected systems 436HP

Eugene

The Butel software I use works with the 436/SDS 100. It did the same thing with the 436. I do have sentinel as I updated the SDS when I got it. I will try that and see and then work on export. Thanks

Eugene Hileman KG4AVE

Eugene

Ubbe: If I export to sentinel and view.....this is probably a dumb question, but can I them overwrite from sentinel to the scanner? Will I need to dump and reformat the card? This is all new ground for me as I have never had this problem before (and I've been at this a long time).

Eugene KG4AVE

Eugene

I give up. I am working between a Mac and parallels. I have zipped and attached the file in windows but in my version of winzip....I can only attach to cloud, email, social media or "other". I did try to erase the favorite list in the scanner and rewrite from sentinel.......no change....still skipping systems.

Eugene. KG4AVE

Ubbe

Ubbe: If I export to sentinel and view.....this is probably a dumb question, but can I them overwrite from sentinel to the scanner?
Yes you can.

Will I need to dump and reformat the card? This is all new ground for me as I have never had this problem before (and I've been at this a long time).
No. SD cards work in a way that every time you write to the card it uses new memory cells, it doesn't overwrite the old data but instead points to the new memory cells. So if the old data where corrupt, or the memory cells where bad, it will use new memory cells when you try to overwrite with the same data.

The SD card will continue to use new memory cells at each write until it comes to the end of its memory capacity and then it starts over from the beginning of memory and overwrite any old data. But at each write it also verifies the data, so any bad cells will be detected and flagged unusable. If you have a SD card programmed and some of the data are never changed, then it might be that a cell becomes bad over time, it is never refreshed, and never detected as bad as it is never written anything to that memory cell. So writing your whole programming to the SD card once in a while will use new memory cells and will also detect if any calls have gone bad.

/Ubbe

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I have zipped and attached the file in windows but in my version of winzip....I can only attach to cloud, email, social media or "other".
Must of the clouds let the user create shareable links. Upload to cloud, and share the link. Then @tvengr will be able to download.

Eugene

I'm still working on int. I'll get it sent eventually. It is distressing that even after overwriting with Sentinel I still had the problem......strange.

Eugene. KG4AVE

Eugene

But you wrote the same programming, right? Just from a different software application?
Yes I did....from sentinel. But it was read off the scanner to sentinel, not copied by hand again system by system. I guess if it is bad on the scanner it would be bad in sentinel as well.

Eugene

I guess the true test would be to recopy my favorites list buy hand onto sentinel then reload to scanner, but I am not looking forward to recopying 24 trunked/conventional systems with multiple fleets/sub fleets. I did manage (with a friends help) to download the zip file from sentinel, now once I get home and have internet I will figure how to attach and send it. I hope that will maybe ID the problem. Thanks.

Eugene

Her is the local file...I hope it can be opened for search. If not let me know and will try something else.

Attachments

• LOCAL.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 8

tvengr

Well Known Member
For the system numbers not working, are you going the System Name List (0 - 23) in the Favorites List Editor or system quick keys (1 - 24)? The System Names and system quick keys are in a different order.

tvengr

Well Known Member
One thing I see is that you have HENRICO and RICHMOND programmed as P25 Trunk systems. They need to be programmed as Motorola systems with custom 800 MHz rebanded band plans. Also, please answer question in my previous post about system numbering.

Eugene

I will have to look....I am at work now....but I have been using System QK and And Department QK as the same number (example System "Portsmouth" with QK-1, and "Fire/EMS as QK 1 as well). That's interesting. I also didn't know you had to do the Motorola with custom plans for Richmond/Henrico, which would explain why I can't hear them when I go up there. Like I say....I'll check and drop a line when I get home tonight. Thanks for the help.

Eugene Hileman KG4AVE

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you do a system for Chesterfield County, that one would need to be Motorola also. Chesterfield County can use the Standard band plan since there are no rebanded frequencies (851, 852, 853 MHz). Here is the custom 800 MHz rebanded band plan for the Richmond and Henrico systems:

SENTINEL
Band PlanBase Freq (lower)Base Freq (upper)SpacingOffset
0851.025854.000025 khz440
1851.0125868.987525 khz0

Eugene

I have rechecked , put the QK's in order and cross checked System and Dept ad the QK's match. The ones which no longer open or scan are all the conventional ones 12, 14, 15, 20-23. Also I notice that on VSP, VDOT TAC 5, I can hold on it and I can hear it but it wont scan. The others....when I hold on them it states "nothing to scan"

Eugene

I have rechecked , put the QK's in order and cross checked System and Dept ad the QK's match. The ones which no longer open or scan are all the conventional ones 12, 14, 15, 20-23. Also I notice that on VSP, VDOT TAC 5, I can hold on it and I can hear it but it wont scan. The others....when I hold on them it states "nothing to scan"