MEDCOM On MED 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
They were using both the High Band 155.2050 and Med 5 but all I have heard all day today is Med 5. That said not like CMED SC is around anymore so who is going to make a complaint? Nearest thing they can interfere with is on the other side of the sound in LI and Stamford/Greenwich. Let's face it once they got rid of CMED (which I think sucked) and AMR started up MedComm they were pretty much giving them free reign to do anything they wanted to. All you have to do is look at all of the mutual aid calls that area towns are covering to see that

CentracomGold

They had "Multi-Select" option enabled on one of the consoles which when used in conjunction with the "patch button option" works as a patch but it was only the dispatcher going over Med 5 in addition to his/her operational channel.

Another med-com operator error

leadjammer

MEDCOM on MED 5

I have been getting both sides of the conversation on Med 5 for the last week or so. There is definitely a repeater on this channel and it is no longer being used for patches. I hardly think this is accidental or dispatcher error.

MarkB513

MEDCOMM

Besides the AMR MED-5 repeater, I noticed I now receive MED-10 (which always sounds horrible like it has issues) and MED-6 equally as good in Cheshire, which was never the case with SC C-MED. Does MEDCOMM themselves use any other MED channels for patching or is that it? Also, is MED-14 still in use in the New Haven area as a TAC?

leadjammer

MEDCOM on MED 5

I still hear patches on med 7 and 8. Haven't heard med 14 in a long time. I don't even know if all calls are patched anymore. I would love to know what radio equipment they have in the ER. Sounds like they are answering on a portables because they are forever cutting themselves off and sometimes the hospital response is completely unreadable. I heard a patch yesterday where after the patch was given the person in the ER kept saying go ahead, go ahead. They never heard the patch and it really seems very unprofessional at times.

firebuff17

Premium Subscriber
90-99% of calls going to Yale or St Rays don't require a patch anymore. That's one reason in the drastic drop off of radio traffic for patches.
They use portables in the ER. I couldn't tell you how many patches over the years I have given not knowing if it went through. And forget it if they ask you a question about your pt. It's like interpreting another language.
It was the close to the same way when it was SC. Although SC side was good it was always the hospital side that went to pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

leadjammer

MEDCOM on MED 5

I guess things have changed. I thought at one time a Paramedic couldn't give drugs or even start IV's without contacting a doctor through a patch. Since they have stopped the patches can drugs be administered now without a doctors ok?

Thanks for the ER info. I thought the radios sounded scratchy like a portable.

firebuff17

Premium Subscriber
A lot of things medics can do is all in standing orders now. Again there are very few things we need to call medical control for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
There are a lot of standing orders in the protocols now where the medic can do things without calling in. This is pretty much statewide with an exception for Danbury hospital unless thats changed. I am now getting AMR on 155.2050 plus Med 5 and i can hear both sides as well. Also i have caught plenty of stuff on med 10 and med6 and yale patches on med 7 usually and one or two on 6. Hardly anything on med 4 tho

cg

Premium Subscriber
Each CMED runs things differently so while you may hear minimal traffic in one region, you may hear a lot in others.
The CMEDs in Regional Dispatch Centers may rarely use the Coordination Channels Med 9 & 10 because the ambulances are given the Med Channel number from their regular dispatch channel. Some providers use cellphones directly to the hospitals. Some hospitals don't want to talk to anyone except for critical patients.
North Central CMED does not dispatch any providers (or FDs) They do EMD by contract and use Tac 1 instead of Med 10 for those towns. They allow use of certain channels by member towns. Hartford uses Med 9, Glastonbury & Granby EMS use Tac 2.

Wouldn't be Connecticut if things weren't run differently around every corner.

chris

simfire479

Premium Subscriber
The reason AMR NH has switch to a repeated med 5 (NH OPS) that is so we (units in the field) can hear each other. The vhf system is a simplex system which wasn't always the best. Also all the AMR divisions are now on UHF so if we have to cover each other we just switch the channel and we are all set. I will ask tomorrow and see if i can find out the location of the repeater site.

There are also 3 interagency frequencies we use. not sure what they are just yet but they are uhf.

Last edited:

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Thanks Simfire -

Also not sure whats going on but for last 30 minutes getting what sounds like an alert tone over 155.2050 which is AMR's primary. Anyone know what's going on with that? Was pretty irritating to the extent that I finally locked the channel out

KB1JHU

From what I'm hearing, Bridgeport AMR lost comms. Not sure if they lost just the repeater, the link to Comms, or if something happened at Comms and they lost the whole state.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Thanks -
If it means anything they are back on Med 5 now both sides dispatch and units heard them as I am posting and just went and checked NH Ops 155.2050 sounds like simulcasting

Status
Not open for further replies.