SDS100/SDS200: Micro SD Cards and the SDS 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpasq

I know I had read before release somewhere on the forum (but I cannot find it) if micro SD cards above 32GB will work with the SDS 100. I can only find in the manual and searching where it says micro SD cards are supported up to 32GB. Is that the limit? I ask because I have installed a SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB and it seems to perform fine, but I don't want to cause future problems and later learn I should have not exceeded the "supported" limit of 32GB. I don't know why, but I thought I remember a post that said up to 128GB?

If someone could clarify I would appreciate it. I love this scanner and don't want to do anything that would get in the way of its fantastic performance I am experiencing. Thanks in advance.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I know I had read before release somewhere on the forum (but I cannot find it) if micro SD cards above 32GB will work with the SDS 100. I can only find in the manual and searching where it says micro SD cards are supported up to 32GB. Is that the limit? I ask because I have installed a SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB and it seems to perform fine, but I don't want to cause future problems and later learn I should have not exceeded the "supported" limit of 32GB. I don't know why, but I thought I remember a post that said up to 128GB?

If someone could clarify I would appreciate it. I love this scanner and don't want to do anything that would get in the way of its fantastic performance I am experiencing. Thanks in advance.
Uniden only 'supports' cards up to 32mb, meaning that if you have a card-related problem on a card larger than that, Uniden would not consider it to be a problem caused by the scanner.

That being said, a number of users here on RadioReference, as well as on the SDS100 related Yahoo or io groups, are using 64mb cards. You really don't need that big of a card unless you are recording virtually everything, and retaining the audio files for longer periods before purging them or transferring to your PC. That same comment applies to the x36HP series. Only 32mb cards 'supported', but a number of owners of the 436HP or 536HP are using larger cards, without problems.

randybcd396t

Premium Subscriber

The SDS100 requires that the SD Cards are formatted as FAT32. If you do that you can use a 64gb or larger card. I use a 64gb card but only because I had an extra one available. It's larger than needed. If I had to buy one, I'd buy a 32gb card but only because it's cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.