Monroe County Kentucky Sheriff

braider

Premium Subscriber
I have been listening to the Monroe County Sheriff for years on their assigned frequency of 154.7175. Lately the repeater went down so I thought, because I could hear the base station and the mobiles were not as strong. I though they might have been simplex. Then I noticed the frequency has reversed. The frequency for the base is now 159.1575 while the input changed to 154.7175. Don't know why the change, but it took a while to figure out what happened. Now I get the repeater again,

alky1234

Ø
Feed Provider
I have been listening to the Monroe County Sheriff for years on their assigned frequency of 154.7175. Lately the repeater went down so I thought, because I could hear the base station and the mobiles were not as strong. I though they might have been simplex. Then I noticed the frequency has reversed. The frequency for the base is now 159.1575 while the input changed to 154.7175. Don't know why the change, but it took a while to figure out what happened. Now I get the repeater again,
While I'm not sure if this is the case for this particular situation, for my Public Safety LMR customers we've done this change a few times (flipping the RX and TX frequencies) due to interference. When the VHF band is open, I've had customers get interference as far away as Arkansas that just happened to be on the same PL tone, causing there repeater to essentially be "taken over". If I was a betting man, I would say that is what happened here.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
While I'm not sure if this is the case for this particular situation, for my Public Safety LMR customers we've done this change a few times (flipping the RX and TX frequencies) due to interference. When the VHF band is open, I've had customers get interference as far away as Arkansas that just happened to be on the same PL tone, causing there repeater to essentially be "taken over". If I was a betting man, I would say that is what happened here.
When this happens I'm guessing they would need to submit a license amendment to the FCC?

Ace9133uwu

|-/ Nothing kills man faster than his own head.
Premium Subscriber
When the VHF band is open, I've had customers get interference as far away as Arkansas that just happened to be on the same PL tone, causing there repeater to essentially be "taken over".
Seconded. My city FD repeater input is on 153.8, and output on 154.4, PL 141.3. Some days I’ll receive a far away sounding FD dispatch on 153.8 that’s roughly 70 miles away. Gotta love propagation.