• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

*NEW* DMR TGIF Network Scanner Enthusiast Talk group

Would there be a particular night people get on? I threw out my call a few times tonight but no answer.
Ken

KD4IIW

Premium Subscriber
Would there be a particular night people get on? I threw out my call a few times tonight but no answer.
Ken
Not yet. I was monitoring earlier today. No takers. At this time I dont have time to make a regular net.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Would you have a link showing the steps to do this?
If I understand you correctly, you are saying there is a Brandmeister and TGIF config making both available
at the same time.?? What happens when you have a talkgroup number that is on both? Which network
would it go out on?
Ken

KD4IIW

Premium Subscriber
The pi-star software only allows you to choose one dmr network at a time so duplicate talkgroups would only be an issue with your hotspot. I use my rt84 only with the tgif network and a different dmr radio for others if I switch networks

TGIF Network

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
that's what I thought but just recently I found out you can configure a gateway that allows both Brandmeister
and the TGIF to be available. You configure your HT with talkgroups with additional digits so when it goes through
the gate way it knows to direct them to TGIF. I only read about this earlier today.

Ken