newbie needs programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrackChatter

Of the screen shots I posted, I removed the two blank search types from TSYS Objects and the situation is fixed.

For all the 'knowledge' that's out there I'm not impressed no one caught it, but I'm not surprised either.

-
mule, you're as helpful as a thimble in a grain elevator. Please don't flatter yourself.

TrackChatter

Is your goal to simply program your WS1040 in the most expeditious manner, or is it to fully comprehend the relationships between all the steps required to do so? Also keep in mind that not everyone reading this thread may have an answer to your specific question. Even if they do, sometimes those responses can be hit or miss. We may require a bit of back-and-forth with you before we can formulate an answer, if at all.
Originally I was looking for it to function smoothly, then it reverted to not functioning correctly at all. (It was skipping transmissions.)

It was acting like it had a Primary search taking place behind the scenes, but it wasn't. It was the two empty search types listed in the TSYS Objects that was sending it amiss.

Most likely caused by all the times I downloaded and removed objects from RR, unknowingly forgetting to eliminate the root ties to them in the TSYS.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Originally I was looking for it to function smoothly, then it reverted to not functioning correctly at all. (It was skipping transmissions.)

It was acting like it had a Primary search taking place behind the scenes, but it wasn't. It was the two empty search types listed in the TSYS Objects that was sending it amiss.

Most likely caused by all the times I downloaded and removed objects from RR, unknowingly forgetting to eliminate the root ties to them in the TSYS.

Using software, it's always possible to backup a known good configuration. If you mess up the current WIN500 file, reset the scanner and reload from the backup. Then, you can experiment all you want with few negative repercussions.

TrackChatter

Using software, it's always possible to backup a known good configuration. If you mess up the current WIN500 file, reset the scanner and reload from the backup. Then, you can experiment all you want with few negative repercussions.

Right. I've had about 6-8 backup files over the course of a few weeks and each one dates the previous with better results upon gaining more experience. It's very handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.