No audio with Type 2 Trunk on Grecom PS-600

Car150

Feed Provider
Stand by...my apologies...I may have sent the wrong one. Will download from the GRECOM and send asap. Thanks.
Your updated ARC500 file still shows P25 MANUAL, 26 frequencies, and Multi-Site Off. That is why I asked for an updated file last time.
Here freshly uploaded...with 9 frequencies. Hope this is correct. Attached. thank you. Doug

Attachments

• Update Mar 8, 2024.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 4

tvengr

Well Known Member
With Multi-Site set to Roam, you will scan only the site with the best signal. When set to Stationary, you will scan all sites whose control channels are in the frequency list. You have scads more talkgroups in the ARC-XT file than in the ARC500 file. That may be why you receive so much more with the BCD996P2. There are only 27 talkgroups in the ARC500 file. Are you scanning all of the sites on the 996P2? I see you have quick keys on the sites. I use ARC-XT also for programming my BCD325P2 and BCD996P2.

Car150

Feed Provider
With Multi-Site set to Roam, you will scan only the site with the best signal. When set to Stationary, you will scan all sites whose control channels are in the frequency list. You have scads more talkgroups in the ARC-XT file than in the ARC500 file. That may be why you receive so much more with the BCD996P2. There are only 27 talkgroups in the ARC500 file. Are you scanning all of the sites on the 996P2? I see you have quick keys on the sites. I use ARC-XT also for programming my BCD325P2 and BCD996P2.
I did not program the BCD 996...a little more technically knowledgeable friend programmed it...so "quick keys" are foreign to me. He also programmed the GRECOM 600...but I have tweaked it per your suggestions.

Car150

Feed Provider
I did not program the BCD 996...a little more technically knowledgeable friend programmed it...so "quick keys" are foreign to me. He also programmed the GRECOM 600...but I have tweaked it per your suggestions.
Yes....the GRECOM is used only to broadcast a small number of fire departments on Broadcastify; dedicated to that. The 996 is monitoring a much wider range of fire, ambulance (all police in eastern Canada are encrypted) and some DNR (wildland operations).

tvengr

Well Known Member
That is still the same file with 26 frequencies. Once extracted, the file folder says March 8. When I open the folder, it still says March 6. I am very familiar with ARC-XT if you have any questions. Here is a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys:

Attachments

• Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    14.4 KB · Views: 3

tvengr

Well Known Member
With P25, D in Mode column is Phase 1. Mode T (TDMA) is Phase 2. A Motorola Type II system is an earlier different type of trunked system.

tvengr

Well Known Member
The NB TMR system is P25 Phase 1 (D in Mode column). DE is fully encrypted and cannot be received by any scanner. De is encrypted part of the time. When you program a system as P25, it handles both P25 Phase 1 & Phase 2. Your BCD996P2 is capable of P25 Phase 1 & 2. The GRE PSR-600 is capable of P25 Phase 1 only. Conventional P25 frequencies are Phase 1. P25 Phase 2 frequencies are TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access). They have 2 audio channels (slots). There can be 2 simultaneous conversations on a single frequency.

Car150

Feed Provider
The NB TMR system is P25 Phase 1 (D in Mode column). DE is fully encrypted and cannot be received by any scanner. De is encrypted part of the time. When you program a system as P25, it handles both P25 Phase 1 & Phase 2. Your BCD996P2 is capable of P25 Phase 1 & 2. The GRE PSR-600 is capable of P25 Phase 1 only. Conventional P25 frequencies are Phase 1. P25 Phase 2 frequencies are TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access). They have 2 audio channels (slots). There can be 2 simultaneous conversations on a single frequency.
So what you are telling me is the NB TMR system (As PHase 1 - D Mode) CAN be scanned by the Grecom 600 (obviously as long as it is not encrypted...and fire is not yet encrypted). But back to my origional post...I am not getting any audio on the GRECOM...when I do hear it on the 996 AND see the frequency stop on the GRECOM...just no audio. It would work occasionally when I first had it programmed 2 weeks ago..but all disappeared now.

tvengr

Well Known Member
So what you are telling me is the NB TMR system (As PHase 1 - D Mode) CAN be scanned by the Grecom 600 (obviously as long as it is not encrypted...and fire is not yet encrypted).
That is correct! You are presently scanning it with the 27 talkgroups in ARC500.

tvengr

Well Known Member
The last ARC500 file you attached still does not have the updated settings. Another thing to try is turning on SuperTrack. If is a different decoding algorithm. See if if receives better with SuperTrack on or off.

Car150

Feed Provider
The last ARC500 file you attached still does not have the updated settings. Another thing to try is turning on SuperTrack. If is a different decoding algorithm. See if if receives better with SuperTrack on or off.
Thank you sir for your patience and advice. Changed from "roam" to "stationary" and also turned ON "SuperTrack" (in search section") ...and it appears to be working. Little glitch has appeared " flashing all 10 groups and sub groups" but does appear to work. Hopefully will continue. Thank you again for your "interference".