NOAA WX decoding issue

you can just load the raw file ( File -> Load raw image) or goto the raw image tab and click on the raw image and then hit "auto process" to process it again.
Right, I was curious if my raw files would compose with yours to make a larger map. That is if you have any raw images from today. It looks like your images were possibly from Oct 28. Do they have to be from the same day? I'd like to combine many days and use the best looking ones to make it as large as possible.

Freemor

Ok. last of this mornings passes are now up. Next pass not for 7 hours and I'll be busy with other things then.

Looking forward to what you can stitch together.

Todays best looking composites below

noaa-20231104-s-hvct.jpgnoaa-20231104-s-msa-precip.jpg

Those look great but I'm having trouble getting them to compose with mine, probably due to being taken on different days. Any idea to fool the program into thinking they are a different date? I imagine it is embedded data in the image, though. Sorry I didn't check back here sooner, I took a couple days away from NOAA to learn to work Satellites with 2 HTs...Tevel specifically.

Freemor

Those look great but I'm having trouble getting them to compose with mine, probably due to being taken on different days. Any idea to fool the program into thinking they are a different date? I imagine it is embedded data in the image, though. Sorry I didn't check back here sooner, I took a couple days away from NOAA to learn to work Satellites with 2 HTs...Tevel specifically.
Fudging the date wouldn't work as the program uses the Kepler data to know that slice the satellite is looking at which it need to know to put the map overlays in the right place and know how to stitch them together. saying that the pics were from another date would probably make a mess. Still might be fun to try but I don't know what wxtoimg uses to determing the date of the pic. The filename? ctime? mtime? or somtehing in the metedata of the PNG?