Norfolk Southern derailment today

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Here’s some drone footage of them pulling the loco up the bank. Pretty sure the 8157 plates were still illuminated.

There's a video on Youtube of 8157 being pulled out of the river; pretty sure the headlight was still on too. Not bad considering the battery boxes may have been partly under water.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Good wiring and sealing practices on the part of electricians. You watch, NS will get dinged for shocking the fish in the river.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
You watch, NS will get dinged for shocking the fish in the river.

With their recent track record, I'd say they've got a lot more to worry about than getting dinged for electrocuting some fish. The court of public opinion alone is going to wreak havoc with their image.

Therefore, I think they need a positive image-builder. Time to start the steam program up again....

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Hulcher works fast...

very. fast.

Back around 2007 I remember a grain train derailed in the middle of a swamp, then a passing intermodal train hit the derailed cars causing further derailment. The middle of a swamp, miles from anywhere resembling something stable enough to drive on.

Hulcher's first equipment made it to the scene within two hours. One main was opened back up in 20 hours, the second a couple hours later.

Hulcher won't even turn the lights on in the "big shop" without a check for $1,000,000...

Although it appears to be Cranemasters on scene for this one, I'm sure they're just as quick. One oddity I noticed is that their logos are covered on the back of the excavators.

Last edited: