Pickens County Upgrades

rescuecomm

Does anyone know if Six Mile FD has gone on the Fleettalk system? The WYFF news had a short update showing a Pickens County fire department and new radios.

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if Six Mile FD has gone on the Fleettalk system? The WYFF news had a short update showing a Pickens County fire department and new radios.
Has far as I understand it yes all departments in the county are going to the fleettalk system. That includes all public works stuff to like road, landfill and so on.

rescuecomm

Six Mile FD's FCC radio license expired in March of 2023 and the application for temporary operation was rejected or withdrawn. I suspect that Fleetcom put Six Mile FD on their existing site on Six Mile mountain until the expanded county system goes live. I can't monitor them from my TR location. Have you heard them on the 159.1125 frequency?

rescuecomm

I was over in Easley last week and drove past the new listed tower site on Cleveland Street. The new building is complete and the tower is almost up.

rescuecomm

Looks like Six Mile FD has an FCC STA to keep using their repeater until the Nexedge system goes online. The Cleveland Street tower and building is complete. They are getting there.

shajoe44

Looks like Six Mile FD has an FCC STA to keep using their repeater until the Nexedge system goes online. The Cleveland Street tower and building is complete. They are getting there.
Is the information listed for Six Mile correct. I am running DSD this morning in Clemson and I am showing 10 frequencies under the channel heading. I am also showing neighbors as 4, 5, 9, 10, 12 and 25.