Please help with BCT-15X programming

Riauka

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased a BCT-15X to do some conventional scanning and also scan my local Bell FleetNet trunked systems but I’m having a hard time programming them properly.
I get it all set up then I can't hear anything coming from the scanner. I think the site setting are wrong. I’m doing this in Sault Ste. Marie ON. Any help would be appreciated. I’m hoping the scanner itself isn’t broken/ I can hear the weather and local radio stations on it/

Riauka

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the reply, I’ve been through that manual a few times now and it seems like I’m doing it all right…. I’m starting to think it’s the scanner…. The trunked system I’m trying to get is a Motorola type II smart zon.e I should be able to pick it up fairly easy. right?

You may want to see if that scanner can scan the system you're looking at:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Thank you for the reply, I’ve been through that manual a few times now it seems like I’m doing it all right…. I’m starting to think it’s the scanner…. The trunked system I’m trying to get is a Motorola type 2 smart zone I should be able to pick it up fairly easy right
Yes, the BCT15 will work on FleetNet but you will only hear the analog transmissions from the MTO and MOH.

Riauka

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for that information how do I find the base and upper and lower frequency’s for zone 3 ?

mciupa

A program like Freescan 2.19 will calculate it for you.

I'll attach a screenshot to show you what you are looking for.Untitled.jpg

Bigpeezyweezy

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased a BCT-15X to do some conventional scanning and also scan my local Bell FleetNet trunked systems but I’m having a hard time programming them properly.
I get it all set up then I can't hear anything coming from the scanner. I think the site setting are wrong. I’m doing this in Sault Ste. Marie ON. Any help would be appreciated. I’m hoping the scanner itself isn’t broken/ I can hear the weather and local radio stations on it/
Can you teach me how please? I have an old BCT-15 unit that needs new firmware. Is it absolutely necessary for it to work like yours?

Riauka

Premium Subscriber
Can you teach me how please? I have an old BCT-15 unit that needs new firmware. Is it absolutely necessary for it to work like yours?
I’m not too sure if it is absolutely necessary, but it definitely wouldn’t hurt to get to programming cable and do the update.
What part are you struggling with? Maybe I can help